remote CH thermostat

Hello

I'm looking into getting a new CH thermostat and like the idea of something I can switch on/off remotely.I have heard of Hive from British Gas. What others are there, which do you recommend, and what suppliers do you recommend?

Thanks.

Reply to
Stephen

Stephen wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Consider if you really want your heating to go off! A programmable stat means you can moderate the temp of your house to balance economy with comfort. Mine has a "Holiday Mode" so I can keep it ticking over if I have a winter holiday - I set it to 16degrees. I really don't want the house to go too cold as it takes ages to get it comfortable again.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

In the winter, I just switch my heating on about 12 hours before get home.

This is an example of a 'web relay controller' which would work with any normal thermostat:

Michael Chare

I wired up a Nest yesterday.

Very nice

Reply to