Redundant 13 amp socket

Sure, but soundly?

Reply to
Adam Funk

Naturally curly?

Reply to
Adam Funk

I read a story years ago about a card sharp who got some kind of neurological problem that made his hands shake so he couldn't deal off the bottom of the deck. He went to the big city & found a doctor who gave him some variation of electric shock therapy that smoothed him out, but after a few months the shakes started coming back. After a few rounds of this, he realized the doctor's fees were eating all his profits. His friend tried taping his hands to the distributor and cranking the starter for a few seconds --- problem solved, cheap.

(Kids, don't try this at home.)

Reply to
Adam Funk

[snip]

But then there'll be a blanking plate all alone on a blank wall. I don't suppose the OP's SWMBO will approve of that either.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

If you don't want to solder or crimp, there's always these:-

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

That would be curling tongs and not crimpers:(-

Reply to
ARW

It's a SWMBO. Do they approve anything that the OH does even if he is correct?

Reply to
ARW

Sorry, naturally wavy!

Reply to
Adam Funk

In which case it's remove or isolate the wiring. I'd suggest that the OP only mentions removal to comply with the regs regarding a "visible accessory". So opening channel through the plaster to remove the cable from the wall, lifting the floor to join the two ends in a suitable box (like the one recently referenced from TLC), making good etc.

Some how a flush(*) blanking plate painted the same colur as the wall or wrapped in pattern matched wall paper is *so* much tidier, less messy, less disruptive, etc, etc.

(*) Ie one of the flat metal things that are only a mm thick, not a 5 mm plus sticky out plastic one.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Don't they still need to be left accessible though, rather than plastered in?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I don't think so. The spring loading means that reduced contact pressure due to extrusion of the copper core doesn't happen. Therefore no need for accessibility, as there is no need to check and re-tighten screws that may be coming loose.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Cheap enough, for example:-

and you will find many uses for it elsewhere, essential for vehicle electrics.

If that works I would also go out and buy a lottery ticket too...........

Much better idea, then you can sleep at night.

Reply to
Bill

Women with straight hair use curling tongs and women with curly/wavy hair use straightners.

Reply to
ARW

Even the "professionals" do that.

I know a PMR radio installer who was fitting mobiles into small road / pavement sweepers. He found a cable with an unused connector on the end that had -ve and +12ve. So he cut the connector off and wired in the radios, all 10 of them. Worked fine. Until the vehicles went in for servicing and the garage couldn't find the diagnostics connector...........

Reply to
Bill

I have a number of items in stock from one supplier that testify to the fact than some cannot.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

And what's the betting that in a year or so she'll want to re-arrange the kitchen and decide that what she really needs is a plug socket "just there".

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Yep. I'd have no problem with them reliability-wise. I think, to be

*officially* maintenance free, they'd need to be in an approved box though.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

The first thing we made on our electronics course was a soldering heatsink, two shaped pieces of copper soldered to the jaws cf a croc clip.

Reply to
Graham.

And not everything is suitable for soldering

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Don't be a knob.

If making a proper soldered, crimped, or welded connection, there is no requirement for it to remain accessible.

Reply to
John Rumm