recommend a carpet cleaner/shampoo

Can anyone recommend a carpet cleaner. Have a puppy dog, 95% of toilet is done outdoors, indoors is on paper pads. Although spot cleaning is currently done I would like to shampoo / clean carpets Once the puppy manages 100% toilet outdoors.

I do have a kirby vacuum with shampoo attachment but awkward to set up and use so looking for something that will do a decent job and easy to use.

Reply to
ss

There's always One Thousand And One...

It cleans a big, big carpet, for less than... £5.55.

JNugent

We have spot cleaners but like to do the whole carpet at some point.

Reply to
ss

We use a George (which we've had for years) and 1001 in bottles from CPC.

George can be converted to work as a vacuum cleaner, but it's a bit clunky so we have Hnry for that.

Reply to
Bob Eager

The main things to go for are pressurised cleaning solution delivery and brushes that move in more than one direction. Extraction power has some effect on cleaning power too, but not as much as the first 2. Things like the machine mixing solution for you are pointless, and bladder setups die after a while. Stay right away from machines without powered brushes, they're as much use as a broom and a vac.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

cheers, do you have any brand names so I can check them out.

Reply to
ss

There are good & inadequate machines from various mfrs.

TMH wrote this:

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr