Carpet Cleaner

five to 10 years ago: we bought a hoover and a bissell each around $120 price tag, and the gallon or so of dirty extraction doesn't seem to be enough to satisfy any family member to want to use either one more than 6 times per user. the urge will be to dream about getting out a garden hose or a pump up sprayer and a long hosed shop vac with a drain at the bottom. but you can't let the padding or wood floor get that wet or odors and damage will occur. if this a basement mildew job you must remove/bleach/replace with new carpeting. if this is a newer carpet compare commercial cleaning costs and speedy visits. if this a worn out carpet do the math on replacement.
John=89] wrote:
Reply to
buffalobill
I have the new hoover which include an option to jujst use plain water to rinse. The "shampoo" is in a seperate bottle so you can shampoo rinse and just use suction. It works well. 150.00 or so

rug doctor is also now selling their cleaner 729.00 is way too steep for me!
John?]                                                                  wrote:
Reply to
wayne
I have the widepath model of the hoover with the auto rinse feature. Seems to work well. We have used it a ton and so far it has been reliable. THe extra wide model like we have is a good idea. In an emergency (at a different location) we rented a rug doctor unit. It was skinny and took forever to do the job though it did a good job. Both do better than the commercial guys that do your whole house in 90 minutes. How can that be thorough? It can't.
Reply to
Art
Except that the commercial guys use a very power truck mounted system that has significantly more suction than the personal units.
Reply to
Curtis Newton

Site Timeline Threads

  • I laid ceramic tile over a concrete slab - new construction. There was a crack...

    Home Repair