shampoo on carpet is A MESS!

I had posted earlier about 16 oz of shampoo on the carpet. I have poured and sucked up about 30 gallons of water and it is as sudsy as it was when I first started. I am using a 5 gallon bucket of water and a shop vac. I pour about 2 cups on it and then suck it out. The 5 gallon shop vac cuts off after 2 times of doing this because the suds are touching the sensor that indicates it full.

What about letting it dry? Will shampoo evertually dry? Then I can vaccum up the flakes. Is that reasonable or wishful thinking on my part.

I think what I have here is $600.00 worth of carpet ruined by a $2.00 bottle of shampoo. :-(

Suzi

Reply to
The Data Rat

You need a defoamer.

Reply to
Sweep

That's right. When I had a Vax it came with a bottle of defoamer , a capful was put into the central department and broke down the foam so more solution could be sucked up.

When I ran out I used baby oil to break down the bubbles.

*Warning* This would have invalidated the manufacturers guarantee if I had broken the machine. I don't think leaving the shampoo in the carpet to dry is a good idea especially so if it's strongly coloured.
Reply to
Dawn