Fixing Carpet Cleaner

I have a hoover carpet cleaner I have used for about 5-8 years. it breaks frequently and I need a new place for parts because the last one seems to be out of business. Does anyone know a website to get hoover carpet cleaner parts so I can keep fixing this thing.

Or maybe a better brand that is not plactic junk that will last a bit longer?

Or should I try taking it into the local store? The unit only cost about $200.

Thanks!

dnoyeB

Reply to
dnoyeB

Apparently these thing hold up well on shorter type carpets but die an early death on shags. You could buy a Rug Docter unit which are normally rented out. There is sales contact info on the rental units.

Reply to
Art

The Bissel Big Green is plastic but has held up for many years for us, with a few improvised repairs. It does a pretty good job imitating a scaled- down commercial extraction cleaner.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch