Re: Von Haus 3 blade stove top fan - instructions - rant

OK

> > Always fancied a fan driven by the heat of the wood burner, but the > fancy ones in the fire shops seem to be £75 or more. > > Lidl, always the boys' toys friend, had this Von Haus 3 blade stove top > fan on sale. > >
> > The included instructions say, firstly, "Never leave the device > unattended.". What? I'm supposed to lift the damn thing off the stove > each time I leave the room? What is the point of that? It is supposed to > circulate the hot air into the room at all times. > > Secondly, there is a diagram and a warning. "IMPORTANT: Ensure that the > position of the fan is as far away from the flue as possible. Do not > place directly in front of the flue pipe." > > I respectfully draw this NG's attention to the video on the site linked > to above. > > Yes, the fan is directly in front of the flue pipe. > > I have no idea why you wouldn't put it there, either. > > Grumble. > > > > Dave R

Obviously posted to the wrong group!

Reply to
David

No - David obviously knows where to come for a sensible answer.

Without checking, I believe that to generate the necessary thermocouple voltage, there has to be a temperature difference between the base and somewhere else. Placing the fan near the flue might minimise this. [Google required.]

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Cooling the flue can result in gases not going up enough to prevent smoke & CO spilling into the room, killing a party full of people.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr