Re: OT RNFI sacks UK staff, buys burkini for Africans

Was this before or after donating money and or time. I've always thpught the RLNI was about saving lives around UK shores, not going to bondi beach to save surfers.

Well obviously we'd send all the RLNI fleet off to where it could save the most lives. Same as we do with the NHS pack up all the doctors and nurses and send them where they could save more lives.

No that wpould come under the advettising standards authority. Perhaps all the funds the RLNI get goes into Boriss back pocket, would you object to that ? Or just say tought those donating should have known.

Isnlt this a bit like voting for someone or something, the label next to the mark you make should go to who you expect it to.

That depends on the result doesn't it.

Woud yuo really have made yuor own box on the referedum ballot if yuo;d know that any mark not in the designated two boxes would result in you being marked as a Brexiteer ?

Well when I give £3 to water aid and they say the money goes to africa or simialr country I expect it to be sent their rathert than pay for some MP to have the best wine in the house of commons resturant. Or isnlt that racist enough for you.

I;d say they;d have to be saving lives in British waters or of british citizens as their proirity or do you think the money should go to saving serfers on bondi beach ?

get a clue.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Far more clearly than you. If the RNLI annouced that they'd have to reduce services because of insufficint funds and would be cutting back on services then I think some would donate while others might donate more than they previously did. I do the same. But if they annouced that they were cutting 135 jobs in order to send birkinis anywhere else in the world then I'd say that is WRONG and not why people in the UK donate to the RNLI. But if the RNLI set up a collection point outside a mosque (or perhaps on the side of a bus) and asked for donations to a burkini fund then I would consider that a fair and sensable idea and would then expect them to spend the proceeds from THAT to be used to buy burkinis.

I'm guess if you contributed to a RNLI colelction you;d expect it to go to cat welfare in the middle east.

Reply to
whisky-dave

yes I though it was the royal national lifeboat institution and now I know it's the royal international lifeboat institution.

WFT are you talking about now.

I don't remmeber a voting box being on the side of a bus.

Exactly so you decided to draw your own box, brillant idea, a true f****it.

Like youself.

So you believed that bandaid's money was all placed in Bob Geldofs back pocket, how inciteful of you.

No I wouldn't. No more so than the eledged donator who donated money to be spent in africa would have his donation diverted to saving lives in UK waters or any other place in the world.

Perhaps the person donating to the RNLI might prefer to donate to the welfare of abaondoned cats in the UK that would be acceptable charity we can send his money to isn't it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

The RNLI stands for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution. It's the charity that saves lives at sea. It was founded in 1824 and it's saved 139,000 lives since then. The RNLI provides, on call, a 24-hour lifeboat search and rescue service - it has a fleet of more than 330 lifeboats plus a few hovercraft.

The RNLI stands for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution Here's a kids guide perhaps you'll understand that better

although this was 2012

Reply to
whisky-dave

Only to the inteligent. Now remind me where how you wanted yuor vote to be counted in the referedum .

I'd expect more than just the vast majority. But I guess I'll have to accept that the 'head' man needs nearly a £200k salery.

What do you mean by it's business ?

As a kid my favourite programme was Thunderbirds that were know as international rescue who ressued people in danger from all over the world. There's a place near me called the islamic relief centre. How much of their money would you expect to go to the cats protection league. How much of their money would you expect to go to the RNLI. How much of their money would you expect to go to CAMRA.

And how much money dontated to the the islamic relief centre would yuo expect to be given to the BREXIT party. ?

Last time I checked none of the above were charities asking for donations from the general public.

Well they've never resued anyone from ouside this solar system. But again IR isnlt a charity it wss run by a multi-billionaire Tracy family living on an island who werent; asking or exoecting donations so I guess it;s up to them, who htye rescued and why.

So here we see you trying to get away from the main point yet again. It's the fact that they are asking the general public to support their organisation and if they aren;t doing what people expect them to be doing then those people may well stop donating. I"m pretty sure that if the RNLI started supporting ISIS then support from the current supporting in the UK might well start reducing , but they may get more support from certain islamic leaders. Perhaps if the RNLI want more support from the richer countries such as the USA perhaps the RNLI should consider supporting the IRA.

Long established for doing what exactly ?

They are free to change their name, they might need a royal charter to do so but there;s no reason why they can't change their name or set up a new organisaion, and call, it the MIRO (Musim and islamic rescue organiation) perhaps that would encourage more muslim support. There are also other resue organisations around the world.

Why allow donators to specifiy who or how their money should be spent ? I;m not allowed to go to the RNLI and say I only want my money to help only Xtaiuns, or jews, or catholics.

But the cats protection league seems to accept donations from cat-a-holics. Actually if accepts donation from anyone.

Reply to
whisky-dave