Re: DIY Optician

Similar available on Amazon but with 0 or 1 star negative reviews

Reply to
alan_m

Try listings on Amazon for similar products to find that they all seem to be crap.

Reply to
alan_m

"THE LAST GLASSES YOU'LL NEED!"

"Buy 2 & Get 3rd One 50% Off!"

Reply to
Max Demian

I was referring to the "pick them up at the pound store" option

you can only do that for long-sight correction

(and they cost a pound in many shops)

tim

Reply to
tim...

my SLR camera from about 1980-something had an adjustable lens on the viewfinder,

so the technology has been in commercial use for ages

tim

Reply to
tim...

they all had but its not the same. even more cameras have correction now.

Reply to
dennis

If one eyes'igher than the other, don't you cause more problems.?

Reply to
Andrew

Presumably that moves the lens forward and back like on binoculars. Not really practicable for spectacles.

Reply to
Max Demian

Nope, the eyes still have compensation available. All any glasses do is shift the distance at which the conpensation happens over happens at.

Reply to
jeikppkywk

Jim GM4DHJ ... submitted this idea :

Yep, me too. I have expensive prescription glasses in the car for driving, with a spare £1 pair in the glove box, of the same prescription, for emergencies.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.