Re: CPC's moronic web site

"Delivery address does not match CC address" - except it does. And the > "Contact

> Us" link is 404. > > IOW, your programmers are morons. > > Deeply impressed. Not. > >

I take it you mean CPC as in electronic components, and who are part of the huge Farnell Group these days? I use CPC and Farnell all the time, and have never had a problem with either of their websites or checkouts. CPC's "Contact Us" works fine here ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I take it you mean their Trade Desk?, since I live 10 minutes from this I tend to use that rather than order. I've waited 40 minutes for a

100-metre drum of Cat-5e cable before now - to have it brought out from the warehouse in a 5cm-square box, "there you go sir!"... "erm... No!", followed by me throwing my toys out of the pram and storming out (actually, I was late to pick my mother up and get her discharged from hospital) - guess sometimes you need to bank on more than 40 minutes when hitting CPC's trade desk direct.

With CPC, they stock a lot of things that are hard to get hold of elsewhere, however, as a shopping experience they are pretty awful.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Open an account with them. Look through the catalogue at home at your leisure then ring in the order. As long as you leave an hour before going to get it, you just go in to the desk on the left (as you enter), give them the order number, and all your stuff is ready and waiting for you. In, pay, and out again - all within about 3 minutes :o)

Reply to
Pete Zahut

I get the same problem. Also the Farnell site is showing the same problem. This has been ongoing for some time.

The workaround suggested (seems to work) by Farnell, is to keep doing the checkout process until it times out and gives you an order number. It will say that the card has been declined, but at that point it is passed to a human who can authorise it and put the transaction through. It will say that you can expect a phone call, but they just seem to use a bit of common and despatch it.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Interesting. Maybe it's only Farnell that do that. I put an order through last night with that problem and got an "Order now shipped" email a bit later.