Razor blades - extortion or what?

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 09:57:18 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named fred randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

It could be to do with supply and demand; Our women shave, theirs go au naturel.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Don't look in the cave if you don't want to see the Neanderthals!

Reply to
Andy Dingley

No chance with you then Mary :-)

Reply to
mike

Not all of us. Why should we?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Absolutely not. Not that anyone has any chance with me - even should they want to.

Men have beards - unless they're in the RAF.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

My wife is half French - she only shaves one armpit :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Little boy on train: "Mummy why does that old lady have a beard?"

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from "Andy Dingley" contains these words:

I use cheap hair-conditioner, having no need of it for my head. Very slippery.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "The Medway Handyman" contains these words:

Is she sufficiently well balanced as to have a chip on both shoulders?

Reply to
Guy King

Do you have a sister? :o)

Alan

Reply to
Alan Vann

suggest try

be biased, but excellent stuff, IMHO !!

Reply to
NUFFSNUFF

I believe too that if you have more than 2 blades your not gaining much the first and last blades go blunt long before any of the ones in between. There was a guy on "the big idea" or some such show who came up with a four blade razor that you could swap around to get the best wear out of the blades.

Reply to
Dwayne & Angela

MES is a torch-bulb. Don't you mean SES?

Reply to
Graham

Shoplifters think they are wonderful vfm ...size versus cost .

Reply to
Stuart B

Yes thanks. I was too idle to go down and check it.

BTW: Just between you and me, the real reason for the post. It was in the sig. A little public gloat about having just succesfully uninstalled Norton and installed AVG7. :)))

Reply to
Tony Williams

Wilkinson Sword used to do blades that had a little spring loaded plastic/cardboard tab. Pressing it on the top part of the blade assembly moved it in between the blades themselves, and pushed all the gunk out, leaving a nice clean blade. I've not been able to find them since.

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

I find that the heads from cheap supermarket twin blade disposables fit my old Gillette handle and give just as good a shave as Gillette brand blades.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

And I forgot here as well

Stuart B

In article , Geronimo W. Christ Esq writes

I use Schick Slim Twin II sensitive disposables, dual blade, brought in from the US, and they have that little cleaning tab. The razors are light green plastic with a darker green rubbery coating on the handle.

Recently, though, I've seen the exact same razors sold in this country under the Wilkinson Sword brand, so they are available here.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Mineral oil is cheaper (larger bottles) and mostly the same thing!

Reply to
NRH