Electric head shaver

I shave my head using either a 3 bladed disposable or Norelco triple head electric razor.

Unfortunately, using the Norelco on my head decreases blade life to only two months.

Are there any good electric razors for head shaving with reasonably priced blades?

My budget is around $100.

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andy

I'd get a real razor over the disposable if you go the wet route.

I just keep a little fuzz around the sides and use a Wahl beard trimmer with the shortest guide. Not sure how well it would work to make it smooth though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I tried Afta pre electric shave, but could not tolerate the strong alcohol smell.

Reply to
Andy

I think my beard and head hair dulls blades quickly.

I tried sharpening them using a method I saw on YouTube.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

I just copied down my head number and may try a new head to see how it works as it has been maybe 3 years. With current razor which is apparently water proof as you can shave in the shower if you want, I just shake the stubble out, rinse it off when open, then close it and dip running razor in shallow water to clean it out.

Older models, I would remove individual blade and receptacle, brush off and replace same blade in same receptacle. I figured mixing blades and receptacles up might be mismatch as wear was different.

I would think that shaving both head and beard would be maybe 3X the surface area of just beard so head life may only be 1/3.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I'm not confident of any electric razors that can stand up to shaving a head. I used mine a few times but it simply took too long and I had to continuously go over same areas.

I buy a package of disposables from Costco and use one blade per month shaving my head four times a week in the shower. Thus, that's roughly 12 head shaves a month.

I forgot the exact quantity of razors but I think 26 for roughly $23 which gets me just over two years. IMO, that's the best deal I'm gonna find.

Reply to
Meanie

NAIR

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Don't these razors ever challenge their demotions in court?

I can send you the name of a good attorney who handles cases like this.

Reply to
micky