Tree Branch cut

I had an INEPT person attend to my yard. Only after he had cut off a branch from a 6 foot tall tree, did I detect the damage! Apologies that I do not know the ornamental tree "type"
While now completely severed, are there any options to reattach that (2 inch diameter) branch -even with limited chances of success?
No chance to bring it back to life. You can reattach it for looks though.
On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 16:31:05 -0500, Rob snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Nope
On 1/5/2019 4:31 PM, Rob snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Grafting is a method of attaching one type of plant to another but have no idea if it would work for you.

Usually you graft a bud - not a 2 inch log.

I was Hoping to reconnect that "cut off" branch, cut from a 6 foot tall tree/shrub
Rob snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Rob-
It is my understanding that many trees only grow near their surface. Perhaps the bark and just underneath. It might be possible to cut-and-splice the limb to make a stronger joint, but the center part would never grow together.
If this is so, then your re-attached limb could conceivably graft along the surface, but would never grow inside. You would have to support it long enough for the new material to be strong enough to support the weight of the limb. It might be many years, depending on how fast that tree grows or how strong your splice was.
Fred