Tree Branch cut

I had an INEPT person attend to my yard. Only after he had cut off a branch from a 6 foot tall tree, did I detect the damage! Apologies that I do not know the ornamental tree "type"

While now completely severed, are there any options to reattach that (2 inch diameter) branch -even with limited chances of success?

Reply to
Rob_Lowe

No chance to bring it back to life. You can reattach it for looks though.

Reply to
Thomas

Nope

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Grafting is a method of attaching one type of plant to another but have no idea if it would work for you.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Usually you graft a bud - not a 2 inch log.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Agree. A two inch branch would not attach to 6 foot ornamental tree.

It would require great support, braces, etc.. Wind will move the branch around so often.

Grandfather used to graft bushes, add peat moss and moisture, then wrap the graft with aluminum foil (ball) so it roots -- IIRC

Reply to
Oren

Was he grafting or was he "air layering" , a means to make a new plant from one you already have . I haven't done that , but have had mixed success starting plants with cuttings dipped in rooting hormone powder . I'd like to try grafting some better fruiting canes to our native muscadine root stock , that shit is incredibly hardy .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Maybe it _was_ "air layering". I was just knee=high ;)

He peeled some bark back with a pocket knife and was able to grow roots, them cut it off for a new plant.

Reply to
Oren

I was Hoping to reconnect that "cut off" branch, cut from a 6 foot tall tree/shrub

Reply to
Rob_Lowe

IMHO that would be difficult; for example. how close was the branch cut from the trunk of a 6 foot tree -- we don't know the tree identity.

Reply to
Oren