I want my own plane

It's too late to do this but if you'd been on your toes Oct. and NOv. of

2017, you could have had some essential and other parts of a United 747.

It normally costs about 100 dollars an hour to sit in a 747 seat, but you could sit for as long as you wanted for a fixed price, if you'd been on your toes. (Of course it's hard to sit when you're on your toes, but that's your problem.)

Other things you could have had: Rudder Trim Indicator Standby Airspeed Indicator N182UA - Tail Number Cut N171UA - Tail Number Cut Forward facing American flag cut-out Rear facing American flag cut-out Brake Pressure Indicator 747-400 Aluminum Cut-out Ram Air Inlet Oxygen Pressure Indicator Standby Attitude Indicator Standby Altimeter

Additionally, triple passenger and double passenger seats are available through a “buy it now” option, while a livery panel and single window cut have already been sold.

What is a livery panel?** The window would have been nice, easy to incorporate in your house or Winnebago.

**Oh,
It strikes me as the thing I would want least.

first 5 are the best.

Reply to
micky

No way would I want a seat. Who would actually want to sit in a narrow uncomfortable seat? I'd take a pilots seat maybe, if it came with all the cockpit controls. I've always wanted to sit in the front of a 747 on a take off and a landing. Biggest I ever flew was a twin Beechcraft.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Some of the airlines had and I think some still do, deals where you could buy simulator time. United I think, you could trade airline miles. Not the real thing, but on the other hand you get to fly the simulator.

Reply to
trader_4

I think they are selling the coach seats to the S&M people. Strap your victim in a middle seat between 2 fat people and they will be begging for mercy in a few minutes. That is why I won't fly back there.

The newer planes do have some nice seats up front on international jets.

Reply to
gfretwell

The last 747 flown by a domestic airline ended about a year ago. There are still foreign airlines operating them. I see them going into JFK on Flightradar, but not so many. A lot of A380s, I'm surprised how many into JFK. But Airbus is having big trouble with sales of those. Looks like Boeing was right in not pursuing that market. Most of them are Mideast airlines and even they are cutting back on new orders.

Reply to
trader_4

Since fat slobs overflow their own seat space on both sides, they should be charged for three seats.

Reply to
Roger Wilco

I've noticed fat people can't put their arms down. Their arms come out of their shoulders at a 45 degree angle and overhang the armrest by about 6 inches.

TSA should arrest them, put them in a crate and ship via Cargolux.

Reply to
devnull

Being a.h.r I was going to suggest Ace Hardware has a decent selection of planes but this was micky...

Reply to
rbowman

I think the selection of things they are selling is a bit strange. The

*standby* alttimeter, *standby* attitude indicator. What about the primary one, or the first class passenger seats, or pilots' seats. It's hard for me to believe their premium customers gobbled that stuff up already. If I were a multi-millionaire, I'd probably already have a comforatable chair and I don't think I'd want left over airplane parts in my home.

They asked one of the early astronauts what the Mercury or Gemini flight was like and he said, word-for-word: "It was similar to the simulator."

Reply to
micky

The last time I was on a 747 was in 1974. They had a piano bar in back and the stews wore mini skirts and white boots. It was the red eye from IAD to SFO and there were only about 30 people on the plane. The people who wanted to sleep were moved up into the 2d deck 1st class and the rest of us were drinking free drinks by the piano bar. I was shitfaced by the time I got to SFO.

Reply to
gfretwell

I'm 18 years into making the dream come true - a Pegazair 100.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Those were the days... I flew Northwest a lot and they didn't mess around with those silly little nips. There were real bottles of booze in the galley and they poured real drinks. The bottles had sleeves over the labels but it didn't taste like bottom shelf crap.

Reply to
rbowman

'Est. Bldg. Time 1400 hrs.'

How many years to go? That's a lot of weekends even assuming you don't have anything else going on in your life.

Reply to
rbowman

When will it come true? Quite a project to take on

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hopefully no more than 2 more - really hoping for the end of next summer. WAY over 1400 hours already invested.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

It depends a bit on how long my partner in the project is laid up with his foot surgery - bilateral midfoot fusion.

2 knees have alreadytaken him out of comission for 1 full year, plus shoulder reconstruction X2 and carpal tunnel surgery X3.

Hoping to get it out of the garage and into a hangar this spring for final assembly. Need to finish the covering on the fuselage (half done) finish installing the fuel system, final mount the wings and doors, install the electrical system and instruments, and the engine and brakes.

Lotsa fun - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

The original 747s are much older than that

"On January 15, 1970, First Lady of the United States Pat Nixon christened Pan Am's first 747, at Dulles International Airport (later Washington Dulles International Airport) in the presence of Pan Am chairman Najeeb Halaby. Instead of champagne, red, white, and blue water was sprayed on the aircraft. The 747 entered service on January

22, 1970, on Pan Am's New York–London route;[66] the flight had been planned for the evening of January 21, but engine overheating made the original aircraft unusable. Finding a substitute delayed the flight by more than six hours to the following day when Clipper Victor was used.[2]"

From Wikipedia

Reply to
gfretwell

Not up to date, but some good info and pictures at

and for mine,
and

Clare Snyder

Aviation related or has he had a hard life? That sounds like an ex dirt track bike rider.

Reply to
rbowman

Did you fabricate the ribs or is there a parts kit available? I've built stuff like that -- out of balsa on the kitchen table. I'm not ready to move on to aluminum and pop rivets.

Reply to
rbowman