I want my own plane

On 01/06/2019 07:00 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

http://ultralightnews.com/plansbuyerguide/pegazair100-aircraftplans.html
'Est. Bldg. Time 1400 hrs.'
How many years to go? That's a lot of weekends even assuming you don't have anything else going on in your life.

Hopefully no more than 2 more - really hoping for the end of next summer. WAY over 1400 hours already invested.
On 1/6/2019 9:00 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

When will it come true? Quite a project to take on

It depends a bit on how long my partner in the project is laid up with his foot surgery - bilateral midfoot fusion.
2 knees have alreadytaken him out of comission for 1 full year, plus shoulder reconstruction X2 and carpal tunnel surgery X3.
Hoping to get it out of the garage and into a hangar this spring for final assembly. Need to finish the covering on the fuselage (half done) finish installing the fuel system, final mount the wings and doors, install the electrical system and instruments, and the engine and brakes.
Lotsa fun - - -
On 01/06/2019 08:48 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

Aviation related or has he had a hard life? That sounds like an ex dirt track bike rider.

First part of his working carreer was in network support. He then became a production welder. He has a family history of arthritis.
None of it is aviation related. He has not been engaged in competetive sports but has yet to realize his personal limitations - - -

Not up to date, but some good info and pictures at http://www.pegazair-builders.info/ and for mine, http://pegazair.on-the-net.ca/ClareSquared/airframe.htm and http://pegazair.on-the-net.ca/ClareSquared/Engine.htm
On 01/06/2019 09:02 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

Did you fabricate the ribs or is there a parts kit available? I've built stuff like that -- out of balsa on the kitchen table. I'm not ready to move on to aluminum and pop rivets.

We chose to buy the ribs - you can see them in one of the pictures. Another friend made all of his. They are aluminum blanks hammered over an MDF buck, with lightening holes cut in with a router and flanged with a flanging punch.
EVERYTHING else started as flat sheet aluminum and straight chrome-moly tube.