How to make double edged razor blades

Watch carefully so you can do it at home.

Reply to
micky

Quite a few steps in the tempering process.

I don't remember the last time I used a blade like that. Both Schick and Gillette started making the triple blades. Couple of years ago my son got me to try Defender razor and I liked that. Recently my daughter gave me some travel kit items and a Harry's razor. Once stroke on my cheek and now that is my razor of choice. Smooth easy stoke and clean shave.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I've found when the two blades are facing the same direction, I don't cut myself but I can't get a smooth shave either.

I suspect 3 blades would have the problem even more.

So I used double edged blades like in the video. And the lighter the razor is the better it is. All plastic. The best ones I had I bougth at a surplus store in NYC. I think hotels would provide them for guests, but the blades could be changed.

Now I would buy the ones that surgeon's nurses use and throw away, but I stopped shaving altogether.

That's great that your daughter can figure out what you'll like.

Reply to
micky