Quick connect shower hose - is there such a thing?

Is there such a thing as a quick/easy connect/disconnect shower hose? I guess I want something like a garden hose connector but rather more compact and preferable less dribbly. (... and bathroom friendly)

I want a way to quickly change shower head so the quick connector would ideally be at the shower head end but one at the other end (i.e. by the taps) would be OK.

Reply to
Chris Green

In message snipped-for-privacy@esprimo.zbmc.eu>, Chris Green snipped-for-privacy@isbd.net writes

Can't answer the question directly except to say the magic phrase is probably quick release rather than quick connect.

Reply to
Graeme

They are used on motorhomes and caravans, usually for external 'showers' (to wash off dogs/wellies etc). There are metal ones, the plastic ones are more common so you may have to look for the metal ones.

The ones on our m/h is metal, the male bit is on the hose and looks a bit like a long 'hose lock' type but without the O ring. The female is a 'stop lock' and you just push the male in. From memory (I've never used it!) you just pull to remove.( Ours has hot and cold taps and takes water from the onboard system.)

I think the hose is more or less a normal one, the head looks a bit small from memory- I've not even taken it out of the bag as we don't have a dog.

The plumbing in the vehicle is all 'push fit', most of the plumbing fittings are domestic types*, so I assume you could fit them in a domestic environment.

*larger m/h etc tend to use domestic plumbing, smaller ones use special parts- size and to a lesser extent, weight I assume.
Reply to
Brian Reay

Geka hose thing. Like the plastic connectors, only metal and better.

No dribbles, but not really "rather more compact".

Or maybe air line quick-connect fittings?

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

It might fill the bill, however I can't quite understand how they work as I can't find *any* pictures of the two halves joined together to connect a hose to something.

Yes, I had wondered about using them, would they survive water going through them?

Reply to
Chris Green

S'not tow halves: one is a ring you turn to tighten the gripper hooks into the hose. The ohter bit is the one you pull back to release.

This is the bit the above clips to:

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Why not use a diverter valve instead? No need to keep unplugging and replugging then.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Maybe the OP doesn't want to leave the 'alternative' nozzle permanently attached in case Mother visits unexpectedly.

This kit has the diverter valve, second hose, and 'alternative' nozzles in one easy-to-install* kit.

It's not quick release though.

Owain

*The reviews say, I haven't installed one, looks like a breach of the Water Regulations to do so.
Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I read that as "steam clean enema set"

Reply to
Andy Burns

Very apt, Mr Burns.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Er, not quite what I was after! :-)

What I actually want to do is make it easy to change from an ordinary shower head to a smaller one which you can open/close at the 'business' end for washing pets etc.

However I have come up with an alternative which is an 'ordinary' shower head that has an on/off valve in the handle. (This is for a gravity feed shower, I'm not going to turn off an electric shower)

Reply to
Chris Green