Quick connect systems

Extreme newbie gardener here...

I have been thinking about Gardena equipment for my new lawn and garden. However, it does feel plastic and I realize that what attracted me to them was their "quick connect" system.

Recently someone told me that you can buy quick connect systems on their own. If so, that would free me up from one vendor and I could mix and match stuff. If the quick connect system is available in metal, that would be another attraction.

Anyway, I don't know enough to ask intelligent questions. But please recommend the quick connect systems that you believe to be the best or best-value in the market. (Need to connect one faucet, a couple of hoses, a couple of nozzles and sprinklers.)

Thanks.

Reply to
Ajanta

I use gardena it does what I want. My dad has almost identical ease of use with copper or is it bronze fittings. Aside from O ring failure I've been able to play in my garden with out too much annual repair. Left a water wand out one cold late fall night a big No No.

Just set up my eldest this AM at here new place with gardena.

Gilmore has similar but I'm ignorant of the product.

Bill

Ps A visit to a plumbing supply and asking what can be done may be worth your time.

Reply to
Bill

: I use gardena it does what I want. My dad has almost identical ease of : use with copper or is it bronze fittings. Aside from O ring failure : I've been able to play in my garden with out too much annual repair. : Left a water wand out one cold late fall night a big No No. : : Just set up my eldest this AM at here new place with gardena. : : Gilmore has similar but I'm ignorant of the product. : : Bill : : Ps A visit to a plumbing supply and asking what can be done may be : worth your time.

Reply to
Ajanta

"Neta" make brass fitting that have the same click-clack connector system as the Gardena products

Here in Australia I can buy both brass and plastic fittings seperately and from a number of suppliers that also range in price.

First of all, decide what dimension of hose you will use (I use both 12mm and 18mm - I think this translates into half inch and threequarters of an inch). If I am buying a new hose, I then need to figure out how long I want and then whether I an going to buy it with the fittings or without. I also have a few of the click clack hose joiners lying aroudn in both 12 and 18mm size for when I need to hose in the far distant corners of my big garden. HTH

Reply to
FarmI

Whenever I buy any irrigation tools, like hoses, connectors, watering nozzles, etc. I stick to "Lifetime Warranty" prodj Just yesterrdy I had to call Glllmore to claim on the warranty and they are sending me out a new part; Lowes Home Improvement sells Gillore hoses and other irrigation parts. I also save all the merchandising cards, boxs and I staple the recipt to to that card or box.

Please pardon my typos in this post. I'm only on three oos near overdose levels of pii

Reply to
Jangchub