Is there a such thing as dead silence headphones?

Hi All,

Is there a such thing as passive or electronic dead silence headphones? Not music headphone. I want dead silence. No talking, no TV's, no air cleaners, etc..

I search for noise cancelling headphone and only found music headphones.

Many thanks,

-T

Look into shooting gear. Zero noise is close but the vibrations your body feels is going to be there.

Reply to
Thomas

Yep. Your 1958 chink vs m4, 2010.

Anyway, this is about headphones.. OP can find the best, not your old crap.

Reply to
Thomas

Take a look here:

Anonymous

Thomas snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Don’t those deliberately allow you to hear conversations so you can still here someone say coming up behind you etc ?

I havent tried it but I would try noise cancelling headphones with no music supplied.

Reply to
Rod Speed

RS you a correct. I think a snip or so could eliminate all sound. Just my guess. If it can block my m4 it can block anyting allowable.

OP can move to quiet co.

Reply to
Thomas

They deliberately allow you to hear people speaking so they can tell you that you are about to cut your leg off etc.

Reply to
Rod Speed

They all deliberately allow you to hear conversation.

There's a reason that the ones used for sleeping have white noise etc.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Just buy sound cancelling head phones and don't plug any music into them. The "headphone" part is a fraction of the sound canceling part so just think of it as something they threw in free. I use mine on the plane and I don't always have any sound plugged in. This is not total silence but if you had ear plugs and a sound canceling head phones it would be pretty quiet.

Reply to
gfretwell

Not yet.

Why you need to try is something to shut you up, to cancel the BS coming out, you senile kangaroo humper.

Reply to
trader_4

The electronic ones do. My cheap muffs don't completely block conversation. Muffs with earplugs can get pretty quiet.

I don't think absolute silence is possible. First he'll here his pulse in his ears and then he'll start hearing voices.

Reply to
rbowman

Some gutless drug crazed drunken f****it that’s actually stupid enough to believe that that fool Raygun won the cold war desperately cowering behind trader_4 snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net spewed just the shit you'd expect from a desperately cowering drug crazed drunken f****it that is actually stupid enough to believe that that fool Raygun actually won the cold war.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Electronic ear muffs will let in low db sounds and block higher but only up to a point. They will usually tell you the db reduction and I have never seen any advertised to completely block sound. When I target practice I wear ear plugs and muffs but can often converse and hear without removing them.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Good idea. I tried those before my recent plane flights and they worked pretty well. Unfortunately I cleaned them. They had 30 years of dust on them. They had been very comfortable to wear, but after I cleaned them I thought they would get sticky and sweaty after a while. Of course I didn't know that but I didn't want to wait until I was half-way across the Atlantic to find out.

And I was in a spendthrift mode. Someone here recommended the noise cancellation headphones at Monoprice.

They work without any music input, or any input. Just slide the switch on the side.

And there's an assortment of cords and adapters to connect with almost anything, including airplanes.

But the earphones to keep the noise of chainsaws out of your ears are good too.

Reply to
micky