Peeler and Speed

What is this vendetta all about, it is boring and impinges on the flow of articles. Sigh, I guess i will be on the hate packet now! Oh well I have a thick skin.

Reply to
Broadback

Killfile them both and move on. They?re probably one and the same person.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Anyone who's been on Usenet for an extended period of time needs a thick skin or will have had to grow one. It's not a suitable environment for easily "triggered" snowflakes.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

There is nothing satisfying than seeing two trolls arguing with each other on their own levels.

Another pair is P Hucker currently Commander Kinsey and Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq, presumably himself, arguing at their own childish level.

Reply to
Fredxx

sensible people have them both killfiled

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

For thunderbird users, this is trivial to fix.

Tools->Message filters, create new filter called "Village Idiots" or something similar, and set a filter with a "Match any of the following" logic. Now add as many lines as you need to specify all the posters. Set the "perform these actions" to "Delete Message".

Bingo, they vanish, rest of the thread left intact.

If you prefer to see them in place, but don't want to read them, use an action of "Mark as Read", then if you skip to the next article with "n" you won't see them.

In fact with creative filter use, you could create some of the regular posters to this group! :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

You make it sound easy, I do not fine it so! :-(

Reply to
Broadback

I have glossed over one assumption - that you have the menu bar turned on. If you don't then "Message Filters" are on their own entry in the "hamburger" menu on the right hand side of the thunderbird tabs bar.

Would it help if I did a wiki page on setting up filters?

(there is already some info in the Newsgroup Access Tips article)

Reply to
John Rumm

Until late last year I didn't use a killfile at all, accepting the odd annoyances, but since then the number and rate of posts just having a go at people, trolling or the like has increased massively and my killfile is growing.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Or right click on the sender's address in the from line and click "Create filter from" in the context menu that appears.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

No idea, I do not see it here.

Its only electrons in any case. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yup that also works.

Sometimes I find it useful to simply create one filter for a class of posters, rather than individual ones for each. Also slightly "softer" matching of poster addresses can be useful - so rather than message comes "from" an exact email address, match on a sender address that "contains" a partial match.

e.g. "from" "contains" @diybanter.com will match all diybanter posters.

Reply to
John Rumm