Quality of different brands (MK, Crabtree, Volex & Marbo)

Pain In Anal Territory?

Reply to
Andy Burns

CEFJ

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A small plug (which, as I have suggested, would become a standard part of all new sockets) would not be the same level of problem as the 2/5/15 things we used to have. (I spent years at a boarding school with the problems of different buildings having different sockets. 'Twas nasty. But my suggestion could be achieved without the truly horrible side and only a moderate level of inconvenience/use of adaptors.)

It would make sense for all sorts of reasons.

o Make it possible for all sorts of situations to provide mains electricity to customers/visitors. E.g. trains, planes, road vehicles, etc.) The small size socket would be much easier to incorporate into the diverse locations than a full 13A faceplate. o Many devices could have a neat plug stowage location. Our Miele vacuum cleaner has such a space - but I think it is the only electrical device we have that does. Even that looks as though it would more comfortably accept a Schuko. This also serves to protect the plug.

The obvious alternative approach would be the use of IEC/kettle cables (or similar). But we would end up with piles of cables to manage. IMHO, a few adaptors are simpler and easier.

Reply to
Rod

Then that wouldn't make the wall fittings any smaller. And increase the price considerably. Of course you could then use a smaller trailing splitter block - but then that option is open to you now. Although I don't know how you'd get on with wall warts in the places where this might save space - like at a computer.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)