Purpose of shower switch

Something more advanced than just diverting some plumbing.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

That is why you are supposed to use a lock off kit.

Reply to
ARW

What is that? A device that fits over the MCB switch to prevent it being turned back on? I presume it allows just one circuit to be turned off, rather than requiring the whole house to be turned off.

Reply to
NY

Or just hang a note on it saying "electrician at work, please leave off".

Reply to
Steven Watkins

It is a device that locks off MCBs (and other stuff such as main switches, RCDs some SFCU)

Reply to
ARW
[snip]

Something like an electric chair :-)

Reply to
hah

I was referring to the rubber hoses with a cone at the end meant for shoving onto the tap. I would hunt to see if they are still for sale but I don't know what they are called. They would still be useful for washing a dog in the bathtub.

They have permanently attached hand-held sprayers with metal hoses that some people must like for some reason, maybe women so they can avoid getting their hair wet, but I think they are inconvenient.

Reply to
micky

He's slumming.

Actually he means that he does it himself, doesn't bother to get a permit, and so there is no one asking to inspect after the work is done. At least I think that's what he means.

Until it burns down. Those rules are there for a reason. Like traffic stop lights, most aren't put in until someone dies for lack of the rule

As to building inspectors, when they built the first 16 of the townhouses here, they didn't extend the wall to the roof. It was one big attic.

This means a thief can go up from his place to the attic and then down into any of the other homes in his building. But the bigger problem is that fires will spread from one home to all the others.

There are no stairs to the attic, only trap doors, but eventually someone went up there and saw that the builder had violated the building code. He called the building department which forced the builder to finish the walls. Must have been a lot harder when the houses were full of walls, furniture, and people, but serves him right.

Reply to
micky

In ten languages.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright
[snip]

My parents got one of those in 1970, for washing the dog. The package said "fits all faucets" which should be "fits all faucets except for those it doesn't fit". It didn't fit ours.

[snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I just guessed about the dog!

LOL

Reply to
micky

I sell them. They're handy for someone who only has a bath and doesn't want to spend much on fitting a shower. They only cost £10.

I have an electric shower on the wall, attached to a 3 foot pole, I can lower it below head height if I want to wash my body but not my head.

Reply to
Stephen Watkin