Punch down connectors

Jelly crimps?

A lot can be fitted into a 4" adaptable box, but don't blame me if you get logic clicks breaking through on your audio lines.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Thanks for the thoughts. I reckon the most compact solution to the problem is to use CAT5 plugs with Keystone sockets and using the sockets as a patch panel. The plug contact current rating is in the 2A region, which is adequate. The logic is slow, so shouldn't be important. All the critical wiring is twisted pairs which helps and it's thicker than CAT5. I now need to crack the problem of sending the 8 MHz bandwidth video over the same coax as a UHF feed for 50M, without too many losses/reflections. Fortunately that run has no power feed requirements and I have spare CAT5 wires already in situ for the other signals. Audio cross coupling may be a problem as there are 2 audio paths, but I won't know until it's installed. Planning out >250M of wiring and physically locating/building power supplies together with video amplifiers is an interesting exercise. I'm glad I installed trunking some years ago. it will not do everywhere, but it helps.

Reply to
Capitol

In case it's still useful, the magic term is IDC.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr