Proposed diesel car penalties - E-Petition

The vast majority are diesel. And pretty crude ones at that. Taxis have a much longer life than perhaps most other 'commercial' vehicles.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The problem used to be particulate emissions. That's been sorted, through the use of DPFs. The Euro 5 and 6 particulate limit (so every new diesel since 2009) is 0.005g/km. Euro 1 (1992) was .14g/km - nearly 30 times as high.

Reply to
Adrian

On 10/08/2014 11:36, Andy Burns wrote: ...

I had in an automatic courtesy car. It was slightly odd having the engine stop every time I came to a standstill for more than a few seconds, but it seemed to work well.

Reply to
Nightjar

Is it fair to blame manufacturers? After all, the government sets the standards and manufacturers found ways to meet them. The fact that this made much smaller "real world" improvements isn't the fault of the manufacturers but the fault of the tests.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

"Nightjar

Reply to
Andy Burns

Here:

also here (who do lots of other toll tickets too)

djc

Yep. They are disgusting.

Reply to
Nick

I don't know whether the sign shown there is new, or whether different places have different signs, but the ones I have seen have been carefully camouflaged by having a picture of a forest as the background.

Reply to
Nightjar

In that case they have to get past the all enclosing shear bolted on half inch steel plate with razor wire trim. Makes a real mess of any wildlife that attempts to duck though :)

Reply to
The Other Mike

Adrian put finger to keyboard:

Point of order! A doofus is a person. You mean 'doofer'.

Reply to
Scion

SWMBO has that. I still have a fear that it won't re-start automatically bu t of course it always does. It monitors the battery and if it is getting lo w either through air con or whatever it will not function or if it has alre ady stopped the engine while the vehicle is stationary it will re-start au tomatically to keep the battery topped up.

Reply to
fred