Positioning of CCTV cameras

As part payment for a job I've been given a CCTV system. I've never really thought about installing CCTV before but I may as well do it now, but I've no idea about best placement for the cameras.

They're 2MP 1080p bullet cameras (4 off) with IR LEDs for night viewing. In this photo here:

would position A be the best or B, and would you fix to wall or on wood 'roof'?

Also, in this photo:

would C or D be the best place? I suppose this is less important as both positions would get anyone tampering with the car and/or walking up the driveway, but is it better closer to the front of the house?

Reply to
Pete Zahut

Pete Zahut wrote on 26/07/2018 :

Forget it, sorted it. One over the front door covers the car, the driveway and half of the garden area. I'll put one at position C or D to look along the drive and then another camera at the back of the house :-)

Reply to
Pete Zahut