plaster board again

When I replace the plasterboard (for tiling) on the walls do I need to put some sort of tape on / in the corners /edges prior to tiling. What about any vertical joints, do these need to be filled.

Reply to
ss

The tile adhesive will do it for you, no need to pre-fill or anything. Scrim over jonts does reduce risk of cracking.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Scrim tape is really only to stop a plaster skim showing cracks at the join. If you can't see the board, nothing to worry about.

Normally when tiling a silicone the internal vertical corners rather than grout them.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks for reply.

Reply to
ss

Is this a wet area?

Reply to
Capitol

There will be a shower enclosure in the room, but for the shower enclosure I am looking at the PVC cladding type stuff rather than tiles. The rest of the walls tiled.

Reply to
ss

No need for anything unless you need to seal for soundproofing or draughtproofing , when decorators caulk is the best thing to use.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher