Physics/Torque

I'll have to take a closer look at it. Remind me this weekend if I haven't answered that question.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Well, a lot of folks swear by ATF + MEK or variants thereof. The only two things WD40 is good for is spraying on HT leads to disperse any dew on them, or else as a lubricant/coolant when turning aluminium bar on a lathe.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Sounds like a 'Bearing and stud lock'?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I used Scotchclad 776 since that's what Rover recommended for their all ally V-8. Many years ago. It's an aerospace product. Difficult to get though. Lubricates, seals and locks. Not sure some threadlocks seal so well - there are some bolts on this engine that go into the water jacket.

I do know that without it, the small bolts to the waterpump *will* shear.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There are different types of Loctite. A spline sealer is different to a thread one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)