PC Speaker recommendations

Any recommendations?

I have a £50ish budget in mind.

Reply to
ARW

they're all fairly crap. Run a lead to your hifi.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Go Logitech. The customer support is 10/10.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

My hifi and speakers are in my lounge and my PC is in my computer room.

Reply to
ARW

I should not need customer support if they work!

Reply to
ARW

Do you lean towards stereo/quality or effects/5.1?

Reply to
Robin

I f***ed up the settings on my Soundblaster card and the 5.1 speakers. Customer support helped me out. He was magnificent. I had and still have a Logitech mouse which I moaned about. They sent me a new one. There was nothing wrong with the mouse, it was me. Yer gets a 3 year guarantee.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

You should be able to get a pair of million Watt ("total music peak power") for that sort of cash.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Stereo in this case. Small computer room, AKA third bedroom by estate agents.

I just want a bit more noise than the 4W s**te speakers I currently have. The £50 is just a ball park suggestion.

Reply to
ARW

What is the requirement?

1) Just want to hear the squeaks and beeps, plus the soundtrack to online video?

2) Or, something that will make a more reasonable stab at listening to music,

3) Or something that will give an immersive surround sound for games playing?

At that point, 1 is easy with change to spare - a set of logitech S150 USB speakers will do it for under £20, e.g:

3 has lots of choice - but you may need to go to £75. Say something like:

2 is harder to quantify depending on the level of quality of sound you are looking for. The 5.1 system suggested above may fit the bill, or you might get away with a simple as:

or look a budget amp and separate speaker setup. Something like:

is astonishingly good for the money, but obviously way over budget!

Reply to
John Rumm

TBH it is a Logitech that I am considering buying after looking at what is available. It's £70 but you know that Blondie will sound good on it.

Reply to
ARW

Aego M are very good. Outside your budget new, but these are 'pre-owned' and around a tenner currently.

GB

I'd just look on your local Gumtree for some small ('bookshelf') speakers. Maybe read a review or two and take it from there. You should easily be abl e to get something reasonable for £50

Reply to
jkn

Don't most bookshelf speakers need an amp?

Reply to
GB

I once danced to Sunday Girl...... ahem.......... I do remember buying a set of Logitech headphones, and I don't know why I bought them. Stuck them in a drawer and discovered them two years later. They did not seem to work, but it could have been me. Contacted support. They sent me a new set. No arguments. I gave them to the ape boi next door. You will not regret buying Logitech.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I can't recommend any yet from experience, only reviews, but if you widen the search to "powered bookshelf speakers" rather than just "PC speakers" you might find stuff that's a bit better quality.

I'm looking at some bluetooth speakers which also have other inputs and can also be hooked up to a PC, TV or pretty much anything.

Edifier seemed to be a name that came up as quite good for the money and they do non bluetooth for less dosh: (£60)

Tim Watts

There are a whole subgroup that are powered.

The term is strictly form factor and there are generally 3 groups:

1) Plain unpowered;

2) Powered with basic inputs;

3) Powered with loads of inputs and bluetooth.

Only reason I know is since a phone with apt-X can shove out pretty reasonable hifi quality sound I've been reading reviews with a view to adding BT speakers to one or two rooms so people can just beam sound whenever they are there - which is as super modular as I could ever wish for.

Our TV room is already covered by the TV soundbar that can do bluetooth and that's convinced me it's a good idea.

Reply to
Tim Watts

If you re near any of their stores I noticed Richer Sounds had some Bluetooth active speakers on in-store clearance for c.£60 when I was at London Bridge last week.

Reply to
Robin

So get a small stereo on freecycle/freegle/gumtree etc. It'll vastly outper form pc speakers. Or don't, spend your money and get junk.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I believe Dianne Abbot is pretty PC, and given her grasp of maths, you migh t be able to book her for £50!

Reply to
cpvh