PC proxy server

PC suddenly stopped connecting to internet. Getting message proxy server local host not connecting to 21320.

What to do? as I havent a clue what this means. In local network it is set to auto detect connections.

Reply to
ss

Sounds like you may have "spybot search and destroy" installed, but it's not started (or it's crashed).

see if there's a service you can restart, if not then configure the browser to use direct connection instead of the proxy.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Are you on Virgin? Sounds like what happens if the whole thing goes belly up and the router/modem cannot even work out what to do. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

I am on virgin and do have spybot. I did a system restore and that appears to have brought everything back to normal.

Out of interest while it was down my laptop connected ok and the PC connected to the internet via tor browser (which I dont normally use)

Anyhow all ok for the moment.

Reply to
ss