Painting and Pipes

I have just painted the kitchen and our heating pipes haven't covered properly. The paint looks like it has come off and they have gone black. What can I put on this? I think its just condensation.

Thanks Eddie

Reply to
eddie

A wooden box.

Reply to
BigWallop

Try a metal primer on it first. Also acrylic and alkyd (gloss) paints will stick better than a vinyl emulsion. Finally, they may look a lot better boxed in, especially as your pipes are now coated in flaking paint that will need to be removed otherwise.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thank you both, I will box them in.