Outlook 2019 - emails double deliveries

Some weeks ago, there was some sort of corruption of my email login to Plusnet's mail server, which stopped the arrival of email. When I had sorted this out, Outlook downloaded duplicate copies of all the emails on the server, to my Inboxes. I sorted that out via Outlook's 'Folder CleanUp'.

I filter with rules, various senders into several folders, so had to do the above for each and it worked fine and the duplicates stopped arriving, except....

One Groups.io folder, which continues to collect and fill up with duplicate emails. Not a great problem, but anyone know why it is doing this?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Could it be something to do with filter settings? I had certain emails showing in the special folder and the Inbox at the same time. I cannot remember the problem with the settings but it was creating a copy.

Reply to
Scott

Usually because the message from your end about having had the email is slow being sent. However why this should be the case only on one account seems a bit strange. Have you tried deleting the account and setting it up again? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

John Rumm used his keyboard to write :

It is sorted now, due to duplicate filters which have been in place for years, but only began acting up with the update to O 2019. I'm using POP3.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Yup that makes sense... (POP3 servers typically don't so anything one the server with your mail, so it would have to be a local filter related thing)

Reply to
John Rumm