OT - What will be completely unacceptable in 100 years - or even 50

It's not. Nor is lugging round a tonne of batteries.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I'm sure Oscar Wilde would agree; that morals change with the wind.

It took several generations to change a sexual act from a conviction with a few years of hard labour to complete innocence.

Reply to
Fredxx

Midday by solar is very rarely the actual mid point of the average human's day in the UK.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Electric farm machinery - that's what we need,

Reply to
charles

Why?

Reply to
Max Demian

A very nice site, and very interesting. Thanks for posting.

So after having had to borrow his first ladder, your Dad then made his own ladder himself. While early roof ladders were knocked up out of roofing laths and bits of 4x2. While the mast on the first aerial he had to put up, using brackets he had to bent to himself and lengths of wire was 12 ft long with an aerial at the end.

Fine tuning from the top of the ladder must have been a bugger as the picture was never really that clear to start with. With his "I was not impressed" having seen the picture on the set on his second job in the wireless shop, Apparently pre war, when watching Wimbledon viewers or rather "lookers-in" couldn't actually see the ball at all. Just the players through a single, fixed-focus lens making nice shapes through the snow, And didn't really expect to see much more and so still thought it was all wonderful.

Nice picture of you on p.2 BTW, along with your Dad and Grandad.

michael adams

michael adams

That's just custom. Or people who like to lie in of a morning.

Reply to
Max Demian
< The by now customary remoreseless snipping throughout >

How do you mean they don't "enjoy" what they do ? If animals didn't enjoy doing things, *all" the things they do, then they wouldn't do them at all. Monkeys don't go down to the library and read books on nutrition before deciding on what fruit they "should" enjoy eating.

It's going to be naturism isn't it ? Or nudism as some people call it. What's the betting at some stage you tried that as well ? Maybe the weather got too cold ?

What's with the "I know ?" Previously you claimed not to understand; which is why I had to repeat the point

Or no. When considering any sort of ideas the last thing a pesron should do is allow their own views to influence their argument.

Otherwise they're not being objective, just subjective in simply giving theor own opinion. And what do we know about opinions ? Yes! Everyones got one, just like a......e

All I've been doing is trying to do is elicit *your* reasons why you think anyone else should share your opinions.

Er no. As with discussions of TV programmes, people simply giving their bald opinions, "I lke this", "I don't like that" is boring ans uniformative. What's useful is knowing "why" they like a particular programme or don't like another one.

Which can then be taken to the next stage - where people can described those very same features of those same TV programmes without having to say whether they personally, like them or not.

Ah the "normals", or the "Normalos". Not a "Peep Show" fan by any chance ?

Its a hypothesis. Other hypotheses are available.

Notheing to get exceited about.

The word you're looking for is "attrition". Wearing people down.

Its the same as "Coca Cola". "Coca Cola" has been going now for what over 100 years and its the first name people worldwide think of when considering soft drinks. Its a bye-word for the American way of life. And get the Coca Cola Corporation still spends billions each year in advertsing, sponsorships etc.

Attrition.

That's what Christianity teaches them. St Augustine and St Thomas Aquinas especially. Man being in God's image has dominion over all the animals. Who don't have souls. In fact it is sinful on the part of man to treat animals as if they had souls.

Cue Tim (if he had a clue): But what about St Francis of Assisi and his popularity both in his lifetime and ever since ?

What indeed.

The vicarious pleasure you clearly derive from looking at such material says rather more about you, unforrtunately, than any argument you could possibly put forward by way of justification.

And I do mean that, seriously.

I see you've snipped the stuff about your being in a cult.

Bit near the knuckle that one eh ?

And you've denied me the chance of making all the Kenneth Williams jokes as featured on his appearances on "Just a Minute" "I'm a cult I am !", "I'm the biggest cult around here".

Never mind

All of which having been said I, *do* now tha think that that's a distinct possibility

Its funny how you've now reverted to this "left brainer" stuff. Always do this, when under presuure do you ?

Straight on the phone to the helpline at Cult HQ ? "He's saying this and he's saying that, how should I respond ?"

It looks like another refresher course for you, pretty soon my lad, at some Premier Inn just off a motorway somewhere.

Nothing ? No, thought not.

michael adams

michael adams

I presume they use RO water for the lack of lime stains drying on the glass, and I assume the filters can't supply enough in real time from a hose, so they pre-filter it into a tank ... whatever reason, it seems to be what they do.

Reply to
Andy Burns

CO2 targets are unreachable and irrelevant. It's just a way to sell crap product to the Tims of this world

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is less efficient but it is the only option for long range where you cannot refuel - like e.g. transatlantic airliners.

And what pollution is there from a fuel that just turns back into what you built it out of, CO2 and water?

That is what plants do when they die, are they polluters?

And renewable energy is intrinsically unsustainable anyway, so you have to have nuclear at some point

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Exactly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

LOL! I can see it now, a MASSIVE battery powered tractor! Actually it probably COULD work. Horrid expensive tho.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Generally, things like when the middle of the day actually is should be determined by custom and practice - not what the sun decides, since we now have things like artificial light. And the railways set that precedent many many years ago.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News
<skimmed trolling shit then snipped>

Look up 'veganism', it's all out there, except you won't because that's not why you are here eh.

<snip the rest of the trolling shit unread>

Now you can join the sty with the others ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You want limescale on your windows?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Kindly exclude me! Although an electric shopping trolley is under consideration:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk>, charles snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk> writes

Huh! My mother used to talk about the steam ploughing/cultivation in Cambridgeshire when she was a girl.

Nowadays, you drive into the field, set the sat nav up and relax.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

You aren't a Tim, you are a Tim Lamb!

There's a name for that isn't there? people doing jobs that conform to their names. Or behaving like them. Cressida Dick...who cant be mentioned online because of her name, rather like Scunthorpe

Farmer Lamb. It's just *right*....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I see, I didn't think of that. I suppose a water softener wouldn't work as there would still be residues, but of different chemicals.

The cleaners we used to have only used the brush and spray for the upper floors: the ground floor was done with a bucket of soapy water and a squeegee which gave much better results than the current lot and perhaps saved purified water.

Reply to
Max Demian