OT - What will be completely unacceptable in 100 years - or even 50

That's how Wright's Aerials started.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

It's very environmentally unfriendly. Producing human food to make transportation energy makes a lot of CO2.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright
<snip strange stuff>

Yes, just because it's in our DNA doesn't mean we can't be manipulated to 'normalise' activities that we would typically oppose, if we actually thought about it.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Because they're all in it for themselves.

It's self-evident.

Climate change is real. There's always been climate change.

No because we are a clever species and we will adapt. As we have throughout the millennia.

No choice. If things are made unaffordable then some people can't afford them. That's how it's always been. It isn't a new situation. It's the norm.

It's 'toe'. Like all commies you can't tell selfishness not taking what's rightfully yours.

Ha! That proves you don't have any idea how the real world works! You reckon you could explain to a pack of wolves that they should only hunt in one part of the forest? And self-employed traders are far more ruthless and selfish than wolves! But like all commies you think you can change human nature. Think how the USSR failed. It was killed by human nature. Get real.

Look back on the golden years of mankind you mean

That's because you're a commie. Self-interest generates wealth for all.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Ok ... I dare say some are (like BoJo) but many aren't.

So no proof then?

Ok, that's a start then. ;-)

Yes, because 'throughout the millennia' we haven't had what could be an avalanche effect in the climate.

Remember the 'poll tax'?

Commie? Just because I want things to be fair all round that makes me a commie does it?

Where your version of 'rightfully' differs wildly between other people and especially those you take it from?

At what point do you assume your view is 100% correct?

How the world could work 100 years from now you mean?

Nope. Are you being purposely stupid?

Now possibly, but in the timescale we are discussing here?

See above, please try to keep up old man.

Ah, more history.

See above.

Nope. looking ahead re how we might be able to better rationalise the load across those able to support it. It'd been done for years in many fields.

Interesting. You don't like the ideas of how you may well be living differently in the future and that makes me 'a commie'?

It can, but not if it's selfish self interest.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

IOW inconvenenient truths, which you're unwilling and/or unable to face up to.

But if it's in everyone's DNA as you claim, then how comes some people with this DNA have nevertheless decided to manipulating other people with this DNA, to normalise activities they would typically oppose ?

So where did they get the idea from, of manipulating people ?

Or are you now going to snip that one as well ?

michael adams

michael adams

Quite, some here would like us not to evolve an enzyme to digest lactose, enabling us to consume milk well into our adulthood.

Nature's funny like that.

If we weren't abused, attacked and called names by the likes of you, you wouldn't feel under attack when we put you right on so many matters. Only someone missing half their brain can't see that.

Were you one of these abusers?

Perhaps if they upped their B12 intake they wouldn't be so fanatical or extremist. They might even campaign for improved animal welfare.

Reply to
Fredxx

Simples, stop arguing and creating arguments you will never win.

Reply to
Fredxx

GMT of course or whatever its proper name is

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Agreed.

With rare exceptions, time zones should be as close as practicable to solar time. Rounded to the hour to avoid making the system more awkward.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

No, more 'in your other words', trying to put words in my mouth ... because you are 'a crazy'. ;-(

Unwilling to waste time trying to work out what it has to do with the subject in hand.

It's not what I claim, it's a fact. And of course, by 'everyone' I don't include the tiny minority of psychopaths who are not atypical.

Sit outside a food place with what appears to be a dog in a container and kick the container when the 'dog' barks or makes a noise and see how long it takes before people put down their fork full of chicken / baby cow / baby lamb / piglet meat and come out and stop you.

Cognitive dissonance, logical inconsistency and social conditioning has lead to this situation. People are in the Matrix.

Profit, tradition, historical 'need' > lack of empathy (when it comes to animals), profit, tradition, lack of empathy and moral guidance / control when it comes to people (eg, slavery etc).

See above.

Nope, because it was reasonably sensible.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

so that's what gave rise to the definition of an aerial rigger "Out of work window cleaner with a ladder". ;=)

Reply to
charles

Nice graphic!

Reply to
Pamela
<snip>

Thanks, daughter tends to find them. ;-)

Funnily enough, it's often the simplest ones that make the point for my POV, like these:

And this sums up how most people are, if you try to get them to rationalise between what they are eating and where (whom?) it comes from?

A picture can only speak it's 1000 words if you are willing to look at and consider the picture in the first place. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

The chimpanzees example ? The "subject in hand" there, was your totally spurious claim that humans are the only species capable of gratuitous cruelty.

<quote>

Humans have fought wars for thousands of years, and there is evidence that chimps do as well. Are both species innately violent

[...]

Then in 1974, Goodall got her first taste of something altogether more chilling: inter-group violence between two communities of adult chimps. The "war", as she called it, went on for four years.

The larger of the two groups began "systematically invading" the territory of the smaller group. If the invaders found a rival chimp, they would attack it and leave it to die of its wounds. "They annihilated an entire community that way."

There can be no doubt that groups of chimps kill one another Goodall was shocked by the brutality of the attacks. She described the invaders "cupping the victim's head as he lay bleeding with blood pouring from his nose and drinking the blood, twisting a limb, tearing pieces of skin with their teeth."

</quote>

What makes you assume psychopaths might not like animals ?

Ronnie Kray, for one was very attached to his alsation who was called Freda as it happens.

But anyway apart from some possible exeptions, other than Ronnie Kray according to you, its in everone's DNA to be kind to animals.

Not in South Korea they wouldn't. They'd assume the chef had come out to collect the contents of that evenings stew.

So that now its in everyones DNA, except psychopaths (except Ronnie Kray ) and maybe not Koreans. And certainly not those Chinese who I saw in a particularly revolting film chopping the legs off live frogs and throwing the legs in one bucket and the rest of the frog in another. So thats probably a good few million Chinese out of the reckoning as well.

Or Koreans, or Chinese,

"Moral guidance" ?

So on what basis, apart from questionable claims about DNA, do you suppose anyone is qualified to offer moral guidance to anyone else, about such matters ?

michael adams

michael adams
<snip>

I can't remember now, it wasn't relevant whatever.

Where did I state that then?

<snip>

Who said they wouldn't. Never seen the bad guy in a Bond film with his cat? They can also love people and torture animals.

As it happens?

It is, but only in a left brainers interpretation of 'everyone'.

Quite, so who is right?

Yup.

Nope, or are you saying that Koreans can't have and protect pets?

Yup, at least to accept such practices are 'revolting'. Keep going in that direction and you will get the point ... ;-)

Maybe a tiny percentage but again, cognitive dissonance / logical inconsistency / social conditioning etc.

See above.

Yup, how we are directed by our peers, the laws and natural reactions to do what's right.

If you have to ask you wouldn't understand the answer. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Got my window cleaner many years ago. Original one just left a note saying they'd been done if you weren't in and collected the money later. Bird shit proved he'd not been near them.

New one a very young lad - ladders strapped to an ancient bike he pushed. But very conscientious. Later on, his girlfriend accompanied him, and looked after the cash and paperwork. Saw things progress to a cheap old banger to carry the ladders to now a very decent car. It is now (during this virus) his grown up daughter who accompanies him and deals with the cash. Any change given in a plastic bag.

Still as conscientious as ever, his efforts have bought him a decent house and a nice new camper van. As well as raising a family.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Where I live they use brushes on long poles supplied with water from hoses. Reaches the top of three story building.

Reply to
Max Demian

Usually fed from a cubic metre IBC in the back of a transit, I presume they have a reverse osmosis filter in their garage at home to refill the tank overnight?

Reply to
Andy Burns

For an animal lover there's a whole lot of dead horse flogging going on.

Reply to
Richard