OT Time wasters - rant - selling motorbike security chain

I've used Herpes *loads* of times, without any issues at all.

Sure, you had one bad experience. But it was only one.

Reply to
Champ

Quite. No organisation is ever 100% perfect. And the service you get from any is likely to depend on some extend on the individual delivery person. Like the UPS guy here who put cards through the letterbox rather than check if there was anyone in - presumably to save time. Although if UPS expected an unreasonable number of deliveries per man per day due to having done some cut price bulk deal, they could be responsible too. Especially in my case where they didn't offer to re-deliver. Only collection from their depot.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

75-80% of parcels delivered here by Herpes have been chucked over the gate or left on the doorstep. About the same for Yokel.
Reply to
Mike Fleming

Two. And their business model relies on piecework rates for Joe Citizens using their own wheels. Not good.

Reply to
The Older Gentleman

OK

This is a much more relevant point, and one I have a lot of sympathy with.

Reply to
Champ

Just sold at asking price, with another keen to buy as well. Both tried to negotiate down initially.

Buyer sent his boss round to pick up the chain (also a biker). We chatted, and I said people kept trying to negotiate down He said the buyer had said the same to him and his response was to grab it at that price, because he'd bought one new a couple of years back and it cost over £100.

Nice to see a bit of sanity in the world at last.

Any way, memo to self; always list at a higher price than you want so you can negotiate. Probably less pain in the long run and perhaps someone will offer asking price anyway.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David