OT Time wasters - rant - selling motorbike security chain

Our local Hermes person is a woman who comes back in the evening if we're not in.

SWMBO was expecting something and that happened here. She saw him getting out of his van, and got ready to go to the front door. A few seconds later he was getting back in the van. He'd carded us.

She called his depot, and they contacted him. He swore blind he'd knocked several times and waited about 2 minutes.

SWMBO pointed out that we had CCTV of him running up to the door, thrusting the card into the letter box, and running back to his van.

They called him and made him drive back. He was not happy.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Round here they were excellent.

Reply to
charles

drivers must fear for their safety now.

Reply to
tabbypurr

I've had that with DPD, who are usually very good.

They turned up ~6pm to work "There was nobody there" "Really? We're a

24hr site, I have a list of around 50 people who were on site, and we have CCTV covering the barrier at the time you supposedly came here, which you don't appear on".
Reply to
Chris Bartram

Oh, I like that. Full marks! I see your SWMBO doesn't put up with any bollocks. Good for her.

Reply to
Tim Streater

They also give a totally fictional four hour window.

CPC do still use them for some free deliveries. If it's a big item, or if it has a lithium battery in it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Just had a 'free' delivery here from CPC today. Ordinary post.

I've a feeling it depended on the individual UPS driver, though. My guess is 'my' one speeded things up by pre-writing the cards so they could be put through the letter box quickly. Once might have been OK, but it happened 3 times. Also the CPC UPS deal they'd got didn't include any re-delivery. Had to go miles to collect things - in London.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah - right. My stuff is mostly small.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 11:20:35 AM UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) w rote:

perhaps he was hoping you'd say OK "I'll include free postage". Then he wo uld have said, Ok I'll give you £100 less the postage and collect it m yself.

rmlaws54

no comment.

Had a few CPC packaged items here, why can;t they put what the product is on the packt !!!!

on this bag

RE03795 Resistor QTY 1 PK 100 P/L BZC0402Z

11/01/18 10:11 AT

Why can't they include the actual value, was is that less important than the date and time it was packed ?

anther bag I have similar to above but with

10V capacitor no mention of it's capacity .
Reply to
whisky-dave

So use one you *do* like then - parcel2go aggregate lots of different couriers on the one site so you can choose which you fancy, and the prices are usually significantly less than going to the courier direct.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes. Next?

Reply to
The Older Gentleman

I've used them for about five years, as a business seller.

I had two problems (damaged parcels and goods inside) in the same week. Luck of the draw.

As I *always* send my stuff insured, I filed two claims. P2G actually got in touch by phone,presumably because their bot flagged it up as a possible fraud. we had a chat, and they agreed, without any need for further evidence, that it was just one of those things ("We can see you've got an excellent record") and credited me for both damaged deliveries immediately.

So, yes, they care.

Reply to
The Older Gentleman

I think this is right on the money.

Reply to
The Older Gentleman

I use Interparcel but it's the same principle. As UPS appear the least likely to destroy musical instruments, and I can insure musical instruments for their value rather than the £150 maximum that Parcelfarce allows (but doesn't tell you), they're the ones I use. Had to use DPD recently and they didn't bother turning up to collect (although they turned up for the rebooking).

Reply to
Mike Fleming

I've had zero problems with Hermes. Now my preferred method of sending things. They have a drop off point more convenient than my local post office. As well as being cheaper. The convenient drop off place would likely influence me most - as otherwise I doubt there's much to pick and choose between them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hermes and Yodel have both regularly dropped parcels over my garden gate and left them on my front doorstep.

Reply to
Mike Fleming

+1

I also found that in particular for small/light items booking with them directly rather than through one of the aggregators (parcel2go, interparcel) is actually cheaper, in particular when added insurance is required (which the aggregators seem to slap a hefty margin on).

Reply to
JoeJoe

We had a big anniversary last year.

I ordered an expensive (several £000's) customised item of jewellery for the missus from a US online retailer. We were out of the country at the time, so I timed the order so that the parcel would be delivered in or around the time when we come back. My plan was that even if it arrived a day or two earlier then I would just go and collect it from the depot or arrange a re-delivery.

On our return we found a card from the floor from UPS: "left on porch as requested"... Needless to say that such instructions were never given.

Horrified (our front door is in full view of the main road) & trying to find their contact number, our elderly neighbour who is always happy to receive our parcels when we are out knocked on the door with it in his hand. "I was walking past your house and noticed that there was a parcel there for quite a few days and didn't want it to get wet so took it in".

Reply to
JoeJoe

Thanks for all the responses - learned quite a bit about shipping stuff.

Next step is to re-list the chain for £30 so that when someone says "Take £25 for it?" I can reluctantly agree. :-)

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David