ot strange

wummin pulled over into the car park outside and she was given a ticket of some kind...just checked and the car is insured taxed and mot....why is she phoning for help and not driving away ? ...no licence????...what else could it be ??

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

sorroco R21BRR

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

might have been faulty lights, noisy exhaust. MoT says it was OK on the day of the test. Years ago, I was stopped for only having one headlight illuminated. I said it was OK when I left home, and look into at the end of my journey and got away with it.

Reply to
charles

You mean you lied?

Reply to
Tim Streater

No, because, I'd need the headlight for the return journey. When I was stopped we were in a built up area, so didn't need the headlight. (This was

1996)
Reply to
charles

charles snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk:

?Have you ever told someone that they have a brake or rear light faulty. You rarely get a "Thanks" - usually something like - "The car is going for an MOT in a months time" - it will get fixed then! - or "It was okay when I checked it earlier"

Reply to
John

I once told the polis that they had a light out...wish I hadn't

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

It is the people who think there lights are on just because their dial lights are on that worry me ....saw somebody getting stopped on the m8 in a row of traffic in the pitched dark.....no lights

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I had a stupid f****ng cyclist pull up alongside me at some traffic lights, tap on the window and inform me that a rear brake light was not working.

I said, 'this car is a jaguar XJS. It's already just told me that' It also had a 'low coollant' light. Which came in handy when it blew a main hose..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It could be nothing to do with you?

Reply to
Kumquat May

Actually in Kingston Upon thames some parking bays are allocated to 'key workers' on permits, and apparently there is a tiny notice somewhere, and everyone who does not notice gets a ticket. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

I'm sure that's a great way to make friends in the cycling fraternity.

(Of course he may have assumed, that being full of Lucas, the fail light had also failed)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

qite soem years ago, someoen was stpooed by theb ploice because his lights weren't working. He must have upset them since he was charged with three separate offences: Not showing obligatory lights to the front; not showing obligatory light to the rear; not illuminating the rear number plate. 3 offences, so he lost his licence for a bit.3

Reply to
charles

And what is wrong with doing that when speaking to the police regarding a non working headlight?

The last thing you say is "yes I know the light is not working, the lamp blew last week"

Reply to
ARW

1996 is quite a long time after headlight usage became obligatory after dark. In fact, it's so long ago that I don't actually know when it was (I was overseas from 68-93).
Reply to
Tim Streater

My Skoda tells me a lamp is blown.

It does not tell you which one but it tells you one has blown.

What you need is a cyclist [1] banging on the back window and shouting his mouth off - then you ask him to check if the reversing lights are working...............

[1] 99.9% are f****ng stupid
Reply to
ARW

?If you can assume he would know that - then he could have assumed that you would respond by fixing it earlier.

Reply to
John

It had blown when I applied the brakes for that traffic light.

That's how snotty Cambridge pointy-heads are.

You know, the ones that ride with no lights at all.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed. I'd left home in the dark, but it was daylight when I was stopped. I'd be getting home after dark.

Reply to
charles

No lights, no insurance, no bicycle bell, no mudguards, and in some cases, no front brakes.

Reply to
Tim Streater