Pulled plants

Unless my long term is getting close to my short term I do not recall the concept of pulled plants be bandied about here. 20 years ago I could go to a local farmer not a nursery center or a big box place and purchase a dozen tomatoes or sweet potatoes, onions etc. These were heavily sowed in about 1 yard square and were planted thick. Never asked for more than a dozen as the dozen was grabbed by hand as the soil was loose and when it came to planting the count was more like a 30 count. While there it was a time for conversation and perhaps buying one of the wife's orchids. When crops were in it was a produce provider. Some old navy guy with a German war bride.

Bill who also remembers the Russian Egg man and his large wife. Buy 2 dozen eggs and have a slice of cake maybe a shot of vodka too. This less than a mile away. These folks had two sons that became MD's.

Bill musing

Reply to
Bill