Changing the front garden into a car park

I want to change part of the front garden into a place to put my car, does anyone know of any contractors who can do this at a reasonable cost, it is not large garden. I am looking for the path to be taken out, rubble put in and black or red top placed on top, but I also need some area edged so that part of the garden is retained.

Reply to
LouGrant

i suggest u use yellow pages, many people in the uk do it

Reply to
news.ntlworld.com

A good tip posted in here one time was, be brave :-) Walk around your local area, see driveways that you like the look of, and knock on the door and ask the owner who the contractor was and how much it cost.

Vj

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

There are several on mainland Orkney but they may not wish to travel to wherever it is that you live Suggest Yellow Pages or have look around your own area for similar, recently finshed jobs and ask the householders for their opinion.

Reply to
Bruce

DIY is easy enough, and very cheap

Reply to
zaax

I live in Hertfordshire no other place, I have Yellow pages I was hoping that someone in the County may be able to recommend someone, if we are all goign to refer poeple to Yellow pages the site might just as well close down and everyone opem The Yellow pages or use Google and take the risk with those..

Reply to
LouGrant

Ah, if I'd known you were in Herefordshire I would not have mentioned the contractors in Orkney. But no matter where you live I still strongly recommend having a walk around your area looking for similar work that has been done recently then asking the householder for their opinion of the work.

Reply to
Bruce

... have looked at a map? The two are about 100 miles apart!

It's a common mistake though ...

I lived in Herefordshire for about 10 years, and at least twice got mail delivered that should have gone to some address(es) in Hertfordshire. As certainly my house name, possibly my street name, and certainly my post town were unique, the addresses were nothing like mine in any important respect, making one wonder at what passed for mental processes in a succession of PO staff to have got it to me rather than the intended recipient. AIR, one of them was:

Wrong house name, Wrong number, Wrong street, Wrong post town, Wrong postcode,

... and of course ...

Wrong county! :-)

Reply to
Java Jive