OT: strange 11 MPH speed limit

I meant DPD of course. But I agree, they are the best round here (now). For a while, one of their drivers used to just leave the stuff in random corridors at work.

Reply to
Bob Eager

"Possibilties" most of the time nothing does go wrong. I can't remember the size of the window that had to hit, certainly more than an hour might have been two. I bet they also time that to be 15 mins before the GPS ETA and 1h 45m after pretty easy to hit that, even with a couple of difficult drops and unexpected heavy traffic,

Driver and area dependant. Delivering in a rural area would be a damn sight nicer than urban. I doubt the urban drivers stick it for very long so there is significant churn. Out here we've had the same UPS driver for years and the other courier drivers we often see more than once. We don't get that much by courier an item every couple of montsh maybe.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

cones and traffic is restricted to 50 MPH I've noticed that the speed limit signs for works traffic in the coned-off area show 11 MPH.

Sounds dangerous; What will Irish lorry drivers do when they can't find an 11 written on their speedo?

Reply to
Arty Effem

Use the 11 at the other end of the scale.... ignoring the zero after it :)

Reply to
Gazz