OT: Speeding yobs!

...... or open a coffee shop!

Reply to
Snowman

British police are not allowed to hang around coffee shops.

Reply to
IMM

It could be combined with the street light WiFi scheme...

Lee

I'm tempted to ask about how to slow, particulary motor bikes, down on derestricted (aka 60mph) roads. Still a bikee hit a stray sheep last week, now employed pushing up the daisies. Makes a change hitting a sheep and not a drystone wall. Effects the same though...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

How much does a speed camera cost?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I reckon if you were going fast enough, it'd smooth out.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

er - I've no idea. Do you know?

:-)

I suspect that you have to go through bureaucratic hoops to have one erected though!

Mary

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Drive up and down at 15mph.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

IME the yobs usually ARE policemen...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Get an air rifle and shoot teh tyres out.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I find the same problem with deer in teh garden. By teh tme you know they are there, they are gone.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not for the sheep.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Costco were selling a bushnell hand held speed gun for about 230 pounds last year.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Ask the council to raise the speed limit to 40 !

Reply to
G&M

Still, not outside my house. it would drive me nuts

Reply to
Scott Mills

The great Gatsos cost around £30k if full equipped with radar, flash and camera. £15k with just radar and flash as a deterrent.

In most areas, the cameras are moved around from unit to unit

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well, that's that then. I haven't got £15K.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

But, deer don't have numberplates anyway so what'd be the point?

;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Something like this was quoted in one of the quality rags a while back as an example of joined-up policing. Apaprently the car park of a beauty spot in the lake district or somewhere like that was constantly getting hit by car thieves, since punters left their cars their for hours on end whilst off walking. The Powers That Be awarded a franchise for a mobile caff in the carpark which meant that there were generally enough punters hanging around after (or before, or instead of) their walkies to deter the tealeaves from plying their trade.

(Of course it didn't turn said lowlives into honest law-abiding citizens, just moved the problem elsewhere, but on the scale of current law-enforcement thinking it was the equivalent of banging the rocks together.)

Reply to
John Stumbles

In article , Lurch writes

We were in Magdeburg a couple of years ago, and there were still many cobbled streets there, a legacy of the DDR. The noise level inside the car was dreadful, and would have been intolerable for any length of time. The cobbled streets tended to be very uneven as well, which meant that the best place to drive was along the comparatively level and smooth tram tracks. Which meant problems of a different nature.

Reply to
Peter Twydell