OT Speed awareness courses

I've got 1139 of them.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

In message , Gefreiter Krueger writes

Hebrideans are brilliant jumpers.

Reply to
bert

For bendy bus read any large long vehicle e.g.artic. I used the bb example as my son used to curse them regularly for just this reason. I just renew somebody would have to come along with a comment like yours.

Reply to
bert

In message , Apellation Controlee writes

You didn't call one a pleb by any chance?

Reply to
bert

I think you meant Hebrideans MAKE brilliant jumpers.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Because the Royal Mail is infallible.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Only if you find a good knitter...

Reply to
polygonum

Byways Open to All Traffic, as stated in an earlier post in the thread.

Reply to
John Williamson

Based on ACPO prosecution guidelines, actually, but...

Reply to
Adrian

Oh, stupid acronym, presumably made up by someone with a warped sense of humour. I didn't read that post. I thought you meant:

Gefreiter Krueger

No, but the episode led to me being interviewed, which turned into me making a statement, at the conclusion of which, after I had signed it, I was given the "anything you say" routine.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

What happens if you say "f*ck" after that is read out?

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

----------------8><

Oh f*ck ...

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

This is true. I thought you had to get a note from your GP to say you are still fit enough to drive but you don't even have to do that! It's effectively "self certify". Bonkers.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Don't give a f about rabbits or pheasants, far to many of the blooming things. The rabbits seem to be fairly road wise, they'll normally run along the edge then dart into the side. You do get the occasional suicidal one playing chicken from the other side . Pheasants are just stupid, you'll see one 1/4 a mile away starting to slowly cross, at 200 yds it's in the middle of your lane, at 25 yds it's almost fully across the road, it then sees you bowling down at

60 mph and runs back across .

Hares do that, they get completely disorientated by headlights.

There is a bit of road near hear that is almost running alive with pheasants. If you don't count the best part of a dozen road kills in just over a mile there is something wrong. Yes, there is a shoot in that area.

There is nothing that says that the fields are seperated from the roads by a wall or fence, many bits around here aren't. And you can't see round corners either. Fortunately sheep are generally more interested in the grass verges than the tarmac, unless it's starting to get cold after a bright sunny day. In which case they will lie down on the nice warm tarmac and be very reluctant to move.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Byways Open To All Traffic

Reply to
charles

Brunstrom left four years ago.

Reply to
Adrian

Even if you don't care about them, what about your car? I had to buy a new reg plate when I didn't bother stopping for a cat. It did look funny in my rearview mirror though, spinning round on its side.

I guess if someone shone a bright torch in your face you wouldn't know where you were. But if you knew there was a car coming, you'd at least pick a direction and leg it.

I can see far enough round corners to stop in time.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Indeed. It would be much more sensible to increase the age from 70 to 75 and then increase pro rata with retirement age.

Reply to
bert