Reply to
Graham.

That's one thing we can agree on then.

Reply to
Graham.

That's one thing we can agree on then.

Reply to
Graham.

I can assure you 5am in the early summer months is after sunrise. You obviously sleep in a lot.

The rest of the argument is just as weak or plain nonsense.

Reply to
Fredxx

Oh dear. Mr Hard Man hey?

Reply to
Richard

Who said anything about physical violence? Anyone can take revenge.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

You do know it's a crime to forget your password?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Sweetheart's grammar is far better.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Can't think of any around here either.

Who will come of worse between a tractor and a car?

A large rabbit or even a pheasant can take out a headlight or smash a radiator grill. A sheep would probably cause serious damage, roe deer have long thin legs so will tend to get scooped up and have a good go at coming through the windscreen. A red deer, probably will come through the windscreen, you might survive...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There's a bit of dual carriageway in Preston that has a 30 limit, guess how I know that...

Near here there is a section of illuminated road that is very confusing. When traveling south you pass an NSL sign as you enter the section but there are no repeater signs every few hundred yards, as you drive into a village there is no 30 sign. Going the other way there is no NSL sign as you enter that section of road and again no repeater signs but there is a 30 sign at the next village...

Close by there is a similar illuminated NSL section of road but the signage for that is correct with repeater signs.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Umm.. curious situation here. Lane becoming a *Byway open to all traffic* linking between two B classified roads. One end is inside a

30mph limit the other (Byway) outside ie 60mph.

Presumably there ought to be some de-restriction signs unless there is a general limit on Byways? None of my tractors can exceed 18mph so I don't feel tempted:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

long-

drivers...

Sadly... It's crazy that you can pass your test at 17 and not have any further formal training/education until 70.

Even if it's just a morning in a classroom giving an update in the law changes since your last refresher. When I passed there were no seatbelt laws, no child seat laws, no mobile phone laws, no theory test, no basic maintenance, etc, etc There ought to be some basic visual (number plate at x metres) and hazard awareness/reaction tests (few minute driving simulation on a computer).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

And to get your papers damp. Even if there is a war on.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

A tractor. I've actually done that. I wrote off my first car by slamming into one. I was travelling along a straight country road (past GlenOchil prison) at about 70 or 80, and he pulled out of a farmtrack on my left without looking. Irritated, I overtook him, but he immediately turned right without indicating (I think) or checking his mirror. I collided with his right front wing, knocking the axle clean off, and spinning the tractor back onto the road, tipped forward with no front wheels. My Maestro wasn't as badly harmed and flew off onto some grass next to the road, a little crumpled at the front and with the front wheels misaligned. It was an old car and it was decided it was too expensive to bother repairing. Unfortunately I said to the insurance company "I couldn't see his indicator because of bright low sun", which caused them to blame me. It was the farmer's son driving, and he called his dad who actually had a go at him for not checking his mirror. He was a bit pissed off because it was his only tractor, but he didn't have a bad word to say about me, in fact he gave me a lift home.

I've driven along the narrow roads near Glendoll on many occasions, and at dusk there are tonnes of rabbits. I've braked hard and avoided every single one, but only because of ABS. The stupid things still just sit staring at me until I turn off the headlights.

Hehehe, my friend's (when I were a lad at school) mum crashed her car into a ditch to avoid a pheasant, which I thought was rather odd, as her husband regularly went out shooting pheasants.

They normally live in fields. If one has escaped, you usually spot it a long way off.

Funnily enough I've never had a problem with deer and my car, maybe as I tend to drive old noisy cars with big stereos, they hear me coming. I have however missed a deer by three feet when cycling. That gave me a bloody fright. There's a video on Youtube somewhere of one jumping into the side of a bicycle on a cross country race.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Cool, your surname is apt for a farmer.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

There is no 30 sign as you approach? Isn't it a derestriction on the other side of the sign?

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

A sheep jumped over a wall onto the bonnet of the car driven by a relative of mine. The sheep was killed and the farmer claimed against Don for its value.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

Successfully? How did he prove it was the driver's fault?

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Well the Audisaurus toddles along at 30 in 5th with no problems. I don't have a problem regulating the speed of my motah thanks;)..

No, not at all, in fact she's one of the very few drivers I feel totally safe with. Been driving here for 20 years and thats the only ticket shes picked up and no accidents either.

Reply to
tony sayer