OT Speed awareness courses

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

My dizzle C4 has one of those clutchless autos, 6-speed. It'll typically be in 3rd or 4th in town.

Reply to
Tim Streater

They probably won't bother to check until you claim. At which point you'll find "driving without insurance" added to the charge list.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

My Brother attended a course not so long ago, when asked what they learnt at the end of the session, someone said they learnt 'not to get caught' again :)

Reply to
gremlin_95

Incorrect. About three claims have been made against me while I had points but didn't tell them.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

If that were true, people would be being punished for being forgetful.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

It's still not usually 60mph.

Most single carriageways are 60.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Single carriageways without a lower limit posted are 60mph. Round here they are generally 50mph or even 40mph - but that's Surrey Highways for you.

Reply to
charles

It's more countrysideish round here, so most don't have lower limits until you're in a built up area. Or roadworks. We mustn't endanger all those traffic cones after all.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

I've never been asked about having been on a course (but I haven't been on a course anyway).

We were having a conversation at work about points (someone was on 9 points). The consensus was that for most insurance companies, 3 points on a driving license which was previously clean for 20+ years didn't impact premiums, but more than 3 points does, as does routinely maintaining points on your license.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The reference was to dual carriageways.

And please fix your over long sig.

I misread it, moron.

It's random and will be any length I want it to be.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

(sigh) but you said 'dual'. We know that single carriageways can be 60mph.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Here, it's the countryside - narrow lanes, etc, - that have the lower limits

Reply to
charles

That's why I said "Read the other posts before replying." In the other posts I explained I misread dual as single.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

How odd. I've never seen a lane with a limit on it, and always thought it crazy that you could go faster on a narrow road with blind bends than in a built up area on a straight with excellent visibility.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

speed limits aren't there to teach you to dive

there're there to stop you annoying the neighbours

tim

Reply to
tim......

I've not seen a sign telling me to switch off my 6 kW stereo.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger