OT:Sorry Sainsburys

I tend not to buy branded goods anyway, and haven't found Asda to be signif icantly cheaper on own-brand than Tesco.

Asda is full of ugly people buying trolley-loads of multipack sweets and cr isps.

The only good things about Asda are £2 whenever they misprice somethin g, and Dulux emulsion when they have it in stock for a tenner.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

As are all supermarkets.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I was only referring to branded good - i.e. the box-shifting operation.

What do you expect? Have you seen its parent company customers?

JoeJoe

Indeed - we normally shop in Tesco, on the occasional visit to ASDA the main thing we notice is that they don't have some of the things we buy regularly. ASDA does have a few things we like that Tesco doesn't stock, but less so than the other way around. I don't think ASDA is substantially cheaper than Tesco for a lot of stuff.

Reply to
Rob Morley

It most definitely is over here (maybe something to do with Tesco's localised pricing?).

To name but a few: Kellog's cereals, confectioneries, toiletries, etc, etc. Easily 20-50% more expensive at Tesco.

Reply to
JoeJoe

They are called "Walmartians" :-)

Reply to
harry

Stores often vary prices to reflect rent and rates in a given area (and maybe other location-specific overheads), which would map similarly. It's not usually on the key basics whose prices are well known, but on the rest of the products.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

and stock ...

Used to buy hemp milk from one nearby Sainsburys. Now, completely disappeared from that store (and it's online order system). However other nearby Sainsburys still stock it.

Mind you, they didn't lose some store space to an instore Sushi concession ....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Less likely when the stores have websites. I know this refers to online purchase, but AFAIK stores charge the same prices.

Reply to
Max Demian

Tesco and Tesco express have differnt prices for the same procduct.

Reply to
whisky-dave