OT: Shavers at Aldi

Currently on offer at £18 - same pattern as the braun synchro, but much b etter performers than philips or braun, and very cheap. They include an ord er form for a new cutter block & foil for £11.20.

Its a mains or rechargeable. The wallwart has 13A plug pins on rather than

5A round pins. The other oddity I noticed is the cutter block doesnt appear to quite travel to the ends of the foil, unless I'm mistaken.

Longevity? no idea. But overall I'm very impressed, and its not often I say that about a product.

No connection with Aldi.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

performers than philips or braun, and very cheap. They include an order form for a new cutter block & foil for £11.20.

round pins. The other oddity I noticed is the cutter block doesnt appear to quite travel to the ends of the foil, unless I'm mistaken.

that about a product.

B, Bu, But... Real men use angle grinders. Also available from Aldi.

Reply to
Adrian C

Bought a three head rotary at Lidl a few weeks ago. Branded Remington - I assume the Philips patent has run out. It was nearer 40 quid - but I'm very pleased with it. Cost less than replacing the heads on my similar Philips model.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

shavers at aldi !???!!

cue ARW ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Philips have made rotary head shavers since 1939, and 3 head since 1956. So I wonder why clones have been so few on the market.

Philips lift & cut are more likely to cause ingrown hair problems than the braun pattern, and the general concensus is theyre harsher on the skin.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Quite the reverse from my findings.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My face feels much better after a Philips three-head shave than with an earlier Braun-type. And I now have the option, which I sometimes take, of wet shaving with it. That gives an excellent finish and good skin feel.

Reply to
polygonum

+1
Reply to
Bob Eager

I found far less irritation when changing from Philips to Braun.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I've had both types for many years. Of course I'm sure our beards and skin ain't identical.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Or proper safety razors, soap and water. Twin blade is better than single. Anything above twin is marketing hype.

I've only used an electric razor a couple of times and the result was crap compared to a wet shave with twin blade razor. I have my fathers and grandfathers cut throat razors, tempted but I don't know how to sharpen them and I don't have a strop to keep the edge either.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Gillette Mach 3. The only shaver worth using.

Reply to
ARW

ARW

Depends where you're shaving..,.,