OT: setting up Microsoft Office 365

IIRC it was a very specific question relating to problems when moving a domain registrar. No other information about the scale of the operation.

People only make assumptions when not given enough information. Most people in here are individuals or self-employed with one or two small business's. Already hosting 65,000 accounts doesn't really fit that demographic or the Subject:

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Indeed, hence why I didn't respond initially :-)

I just felt I needed to point out that Office 365 is not directly comparable to the older Office releases. MS appear to be causing much confusion with their branding!

Office365 != Openoffice (unless you want it to be :-))

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

And now libre office is accelerating away from Open Office.

Teh latest article I read n in in El Reg, suggests it will become its own self in a year or two, not a 'fork' of open office. They are apparently rewriting huge legacy chunks and throwing away the bits that never worked that well, to get it leaner and faster.

Unless 100% interoperability with MicroShite is needed, I wouldn't use anything but...Libre Office.

Its still quirky, JUST like Office was, but its very usable.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I help to support 280,000 users. We don't use Office 365. :o)

Reply to
Huge

It was quite specific and scale wasn't relevant. So if someone doesn't have the answer, why bother responding?

'Bloody hell, somebody actually bought this crap!'

'Should we start with its reputed requirement for an "always there" internet connection, then with the fact that it's a subscription based service, so if you forget a payment, you lose all your facilities, and continuing with a lack of support for any non-Microsoft browser?

All this makes it totally useless to me, for a start'

'Program manager

Add/remove programs'

...were totally unconnected with the amount of information given, absolutely nothing to do with finding a solution to the question and were just knee-jerk smart arse responses.

Ever heard the adage 'if you've got nothing pleasant to say, then say nothing'?

Says the person hiding behind a pseudonym.....

Not all replies were to your original question, some were to your responses to those replies, as was my response to your question "Care to explain its crappiness?".

You could, of course, have asked your question in a relevant newsgroup or on one of the Microsoft forums if you were seeking relevant answers.

Asking detailed specific technical questions about Microsoft products in a newsgroup generally devoted to do-it-yourself round the home possibly wasn't the smartest move, was it?

Reply to
John Williamson

cheap & anonymous tho......

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Maybe his boss thinks he's good at his job and knows stuff. ;-)

Reply to
John Williamson

Read the rest of the newsgroup. There's plenty of computer and computer configuration questions and answers over time: it's not all angle grinders and WD40. Oh, and I'm doing the installation myself - DIY...

You know I'm not the boss?

Pot kettle black.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Read back and you'll see just how wrong you are.

I posted a perfectly reasonable and polite request for help. The responses to which I replied were neither reasonable nor polite. They were the kind that wouldn't be made face-to-face.

If you are the boss, be glad that I don't work for you.

Reply to
John Williamson

You've embarrassed yourself earlier through your initial response. Now your just making it worse.

I have better things to do than to continue to waste time on this.

Oh, and the Office 365 setup is complete.