OT Sarah Millican

Is there a more annoying voice owned by a less funny "comedian" on any television channel in the UK?

Reply to
polygonum

Ricky Gervais.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Damned good contender - but SM wins. The pitch is like a scalpel removing my cochlea... without anaesthetic.

Reply to
polygonum

In message , polygonum writes

One WILL come along one day

Reply to
geoff

Now that IS a threat.

Reply to
polygonum

I wouldn't know about the least funny part.

I have to stop listening because of the "voice" and hence will never find out if she's funny or not

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Oh I feel you are being unfair. I do find her funny. Unfortunately humour is often personal. Look how successful Cilla Black became....

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I agree, what is the point of him?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In my book that honour should go jointly to Graham Norton and Jonathan Woss. Of course Milligan and Norden are a different kettle of fish entirely.

Reply to
Nick

The Millepede brothers?

Reply to
harry

Norton can, IMHO, be very funny.

Milligan and Norden don't tend to be very topical these days... :-(

Reply to
polygonum

Unfairness is part of it. But I get a sinking feeling whenever I hear her name mentioned (let alone her voice) or see her mug.

When she has been a "guest" it sometimes likes like they have tried to get her bit over with asap.

Reply to
polygonum

THe Chuckle Brothers.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Usually referred to as "comediennes". I find most female comedians completely unfunny and hugely annoying. Noted honorable exception to Linda Smith.

Scott

Reply to
Scott M

Wanton Decking - that pair of wazacks on BHGT.

Reply to
PeterC

Just like a lot of male ones, then. Russel Howard for one. In fact half the cast of Mock The Week in any given episode.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Ed Miliband?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Do kids even find that dated slapstick type comedy funny?

Reply to
alan

I loved that letter in Viz a few months ago from someone claiming that he and his brother were the spitting image of the Chuckle Brothers and they set up a "Chuckle Brother look a like" business - however it failed as the Chuckle Brothers undercut their prices and would do jobs that they were not prepared to do.

Reply to
ARW

Joe Pasquale ?

David