OT RSS & Newsgroup reader

Been using Thunderbird to read this group and RSS for years but no longer use it for email.

Anyone got any recommendations for a RSS and newsgroup reader (including moderated groups)

Currently using windows 7 64 bit. Use Gmail and google calendar because I need to sync to android phone and will soon be using different computers in Spain and UK.

Thanks for any ideas.

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

Seamonkey (only played, not really been serious with it).

I use 2 different apps (on XP): RSSOwl for, er, RSS and Dialog for newsgroups.

If you're interested in either I could let you have some settings that work for me; with Dialog it's possible, IIRC, to 'clean' a copy of the entire app., e-mail it and drop it on to the root of the drive (necessary place in W7) ad just run it - no installation.

Reply to
PeterC

Thanks for the offer Peter. I have saved your post pending seeing what other suggestions I get.

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

Opera is a great all rounder. A really fast and great looking browsers, with great standards support, it's also got a great email client and does RSS nicely.

They have recently released a beta that's had a mail facelift, I would give that one a try:

can have the more traditional 2 pane view too).

Reply to
MarkG

Thanks Mark. I will give it a go.

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

In message , Hugh - Was Invisible writes

I've used standalone RSS readers, but found that I didn't really want to run another program juts for that.

Personally now I use Google Reader as where ever I read it, my read items are up to date, and I can also get an app for my Android phone.

Reply to
chris French