OT Quiz - New van how many miles until it broke down?

68 plate Peugeot with 47K on the clock so new to me.

I got it last night and it's a 20 mile journey home from work where I picked it up and it got me to work this morning.

And today it broke down.

Nearest answer wins a virtual pint.

Reply to
ARW

68 miles?

As it's a commercial van, do you have any consumer protection?

Reply to
GB

12
Reply to
John Rumm

41
Reply to
Richard

42, surely?
Reply to
Ian Jackson

Soixante-neuf?

Reply to
Jeff Layman

21 miles ie 1 mile out of the office?

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Wouldn't that be 20 + 20 + 1

as 41 and 42 are taken, I'll go for 45.

Reply to
Andy Burns

makes sense to me - leaving him 6 miles from home

Reply to
Robin

I'll go for 40.

Following the above logic, with the added insight, not starting in the morning is a common fault.

Reply to
Pancho

Are you cheating, and using NumberWang?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

39... you had to coast the last mile.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

I would be cheating, if I knew how, but I don't know what NumberWang is.

Reply to
Pancho

It's Mornington Crescent.

Reply to
GB

You don't seem to have much luck with vans. It might be worth you applying for a quality assurance job with a van manufacturer. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Noooo! You’ve given away the rules now!

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

His problem is that he is a building magnet and they jump out and attack his vans.

The countrys his vans come from don't bother with those.

Reply to
Rod Speed

By new to me I meant work already owned it and it already had a driver. He got a new new van I got his old one.

Mine has gone as it is going to cost to drive into Sheffield from February - it already costs to drive in Bradford and London. So 50 trips into Sheffield per year would cost £450 and there is the small fact that the gearbox failed on the old one:-)

BTW you do not win - it managed 71 miles:-)

So I believe Jeff wins and gets to choose the charity I will sent the cost of a pint to.

Obviously not the cost of a London pint.

Reply to
ARW

That's Numberwang!

Reply to
mm0fmf

Cough. Is there a reason why you don't get a brand new van ? :-)

Reply to
Andrew