OT: Ping pong

https://youtu.be/HYz73W_dufc

That one was preceded by an ad for the ultra strong UV cured glue.
Cant have been because I followed any links on the glue because I didn't.
Those buggers must be spending heaps on ads for that glue which certainly explains the stupid price they want for it.

You see ads on Youtube? You need an ad remover. I use "Adblocker for Youtube" for Opera. I'm sure there's a similar one for your browser.
wrote

I don't bother.

But they have downsides.

How can you sit watching an unrelated ad when you're waiting to see the video? Doesn't that drive you insane?

Mine doesn't. I just get the real video without the preceding advert.
On Thursday, 13 February 2020 16:00:02 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:

It did a few decades ago, I don't think the effect has worn off yet ;-)
wrote

Most of the time its only a couple of seconds before you can click on the box that kills the ad.

Nope, but then I've not a psycho like you.
I do use a free vpn on opera so I don't get the stupid ads on http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml?edition=uk

They all do, most obviously with sites that don't work if you have an ad blocker.

Most people detest ads, they mute them on the telly or fastforward them, and plenty install adblockers.

All ads are stupid.

We were discussing Youtube, that's a seperate blocker, which works flawlessly.

I just don't go to those sites. Fuck them.

I'm not that stupid.

It's the same as a shop that has nowhere to park, I just don't go there. Make something convenient for me or I won't use it.

Nothing like it. There are plenty of sites that are the best place for something and its trivial to ignore a few ads. I just ignore those on google.

More fool you when it's the best place for something.

And they couldn't care less if fools like you stay away.
On Thursday, 13 February 2020 19:49:37 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:

A local car parts/accessories shop has closed down due to lack of parking.

Why would you want to use that when Ebay is a third of the price?

Because it can be as cheap as the alternatives and is a lot easier to use when you need the part to be able to use the car immediately.

That's just another pathetic excuse for a troll.

It certainly isn't as cheap here. Price is always approximately three times that of Ebay or an online store like Eurocarparts, even when buying the same make of part!
You're retired, you don't need to use the car in a hurry.

It can be.

BULLSHIT.

That's bullshit too when you use it to go to a particular event etc.
On Friday, 14 February 2020 23:47:33 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Well the last time was when a friends car battery was knackered, another friend gave them a lift, they bought the battery and installed it. Why wait for ebay to deliver it and miss your holiday ? Thiose that owned the shop have anothe rshop that is doing well but it has the advantage of on-street parking, they ghad been at the leyton location for 50 years, they only started 'losing' money when the parking restrictions came in and were enforced.

Same thing happened to me, twice.

In my case, miss an Aldi special buy.

Is that anything like the Ghaddafi fella ?

Batteries just don't do that. Their Ah gets lower gradually. At some point you replace it, but not urgently.

So you pay more for your battery so you can pay less for something else?

Colonel Ghawhatsit?